No announcement yet.

Never Say Die: The Rehabilitation of John Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Say Die: The Rehabilitation of John Ruiz

By Shawn Krest - Don’t look now, but by the end of the weekend, John Ruiz just might be heavyweight champion of the world. [details]

Die..........

Comment

What a weird and hilarious article

This isn't journalism - this bizarre nuthugging.
      John Ruiz, the savior of American heavyweights?
      Shawn Krest, you're funnier than Kat Williams.

By the way, you write about "sketchy decisions from German judges...Ruiz didn't get much benefit of the doubt in the Valuev fight."
      But guess what? There wasn't a single German judge in the Valuev/Ruiz fight.
      The judges were:

Hernandez - Mexico
      Martinez - New Zealand
      Milham - Australia

Shawn, do your homework.
      A couple of simple clicks on BoxRec would've done it.

Comment

Originally posted by ********* View Post

By the way, you write about "sketchy decisions from German judges...Ruiz didn't get much benefit of the doubt in the Valuev fight."
        The judges were:

Hernandez - Mexico
        Martinez - New Zealand
        Milham - Australia

Shawn, do your homework.
        Get used to it. Be happy this was actually written and not stolen from one of Domain's threads.

Comment

I'm rooting for Ruiz. As boring as he is, is there anything thing bad you can say about him?

Comment

Originally posted by ********* View Post

The judges were:

Hernandez - Mexico
            Martinez - New Zealand
            Milham - Australia

Shawn, do your homework.
            Doesn't matter where the judges are from. It depends on the promoter of the fight who paid them, in this case Wilfried Sauerland. It always depends on whose money is on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerwas1 View Post
              Doesn't matter where the judges are from. It depends on the promoter of the fight who paid them, in this case Wilfried Sauerland. It always depends on whose money is on the line.
              I agree. If the judges are being paid by the German promoter they will be influenced to go in the direction of his fighter. Sad to say that Ruiz is the only American heavyweight left who is still getting title shots and coming close to beating the top guys. I though he beat Valuev the first time and it could have gone either way with Chagaev.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                I agree. If the judges are being paid by the German promoter they will be influenced to go in the direction of his fighter. Sad to say that Ruiz is the only American heavyweight left who is still getting title shots and coming close to beating the top guys. I though he beat Valuev the first time and it could have gone either way with Chagaev.
                Had Ruiz in the Valuev fight by a small lead and Chagaev in the Ruiz fight by a small lead. But hey everybody sees a fight different.
                In 2006 Ruiz signed with Sauerland
                Don't know if he's still with em, but that may be the reason why he gets those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                  I'm rooting for Ruiz. As boring as he is, is there anything thing bad you can say about him?
                  He is boring.

I'm rooting for Ruiz to knock Valuev out.
                  Not because I like Ruiz or hate Valuev, but because it's probably the most unlikely situation that can happen in boxing today. Valuev on the canvas after a Ruiz right hand.

One good thing you can say about Ruiz is that he has never ducked anyone, and if he were to beat Valuev, he would take on the best opposition available.

I would like to see Wladimir vs Valuev over Wladimir vs Ruiz though.

Comment

Working...
                  X