No announcement yet.

Ruslan Chagaev Targets Valuev, Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruslan Chagaev Targets Valuev, Wladimir Klitschko

By Alexey Potapov - WBA heavyweight champion "in recess", Ruslan Chagaev, sat down with BoxingScene.com to discuss his recovery from the recent surgery to repair an injury to his achilles tendon, his thoughts on the upcoming rematch between Nikolai Valuev and John Ruiz - who collide on Saturday for the vacant WBA regular title, and a future fight with Wladimir Klitschko. [details]

he should fight vitali.

what's the line on who'd pull out first?

Comment

Hard to target people when you always cancel fights. **** Chagaev.

Comment

he needs to target retirement and stop wasting everyones time

Comment

A healthy, motivated Chagaev is the biggest threat to Wladimir Klitschko right now IMO....He has the southpaw style, skills, toughness and power to give Wlad a tough fight.

Hopefully we can see Klitschko/Chagaev in 2009
          Last edited by WLAD OWNS; 08-27-2008, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD OWNS View Post
            A healthy, motivated Chagaev is the biggest threat to Wladimir Klitschko right now IMO....He has the southpaw style, skills, power and toughness to give Wlad a tough fight.

Hopefully we can see Klitschko/Chagaev in 2009
            I strongly agree. he's by far wlads biggest threat. much more so than haye,,,valuev,,,or peter. chageav can be boring but he's very tough to hit clean,,,has underrated power...good stamina and chin. his style makes it a very tough fight for wlad and Id be very nervous watching this one. I'd only slightly favor wlad. chageav will look more impressive when he faces less awckward fighters. ruiz and skelton can make anyone look ordinary

Comment

I'd like to see Wlad vs. Chagaev sometime next year, but I think Valuev will defeat Chagaev when they fight again.

So Valuev vs. Wlad is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
                I'd like to see Wlad vs. Chagaev sometime next year, but I think Valuev will defeat Chagaev when they fight again.

I wouldn't mind seeing either of those fights,

I would favour Klitschko over both, But I think Chagaev has the best chance at beating Wlad out of the top heavyweights right now

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post

I would love to see that fight! I've wanted to see that for a while now but when Valuev lost to Chagaev, it kind of put him on the back burner for a while.. If he beats Ruiz (which I think he will) and then gets by Chagaev, it will happen..

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
                    he needs to target retirement and stop wasting everyones time
                    Right. Nothing but talking.
                    Last edited by jisi; 08-27-2008, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X