No announcement yet.

Klitschko-Peter, Jones-Calzaghe: Random Fight Musings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klitschko-Peter, Jones-Calzaghe: Random Fight Musings

Vitali Klitschko is finally coming back on October 11 to do battle with WBC heavyweight champion Samuel Peter. A lot of people think Vitali will win this one, but I don’t know why they are going in that direction. Vitali is nearly forty-years-old and hasn’t fought in nearly four-years. If Samuel doesn’t stop this guy then he will become another heavyweight with the label of "overrated."

[details]

I don't really rate this article. Everything it said was fine I suppose, but it seemed a bit, I don't know, disinterested? The analysis of the Vitali - Peter fight (which was just common sense really) was better than that of the Calzaghe - Jones fight, which while being correct about speed vs reasonable power etc, didn't really consider the real question which is about how old in boxing terms these two are going to be relative to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
      I don't really rate this article. Everything it said was fine I suppose, but it seemed a bit, I don't know, disinterested? The analysis of the Vitali - Peter fight (which was just common sense really) was better than that of the Calzaghe - Jones fight, which while being correct about speed vs reasonable power etc, didn't really consider the real question which is about how old in boxing terms these two are going to be relative to each other.
      I agree with it on a couple of points....and surprisingly, I'm not the only one that's thinking Pavlik can stop Hopkins. I'm usually alone in those taboo predictions...usually right, too, though I'm a little less certain about this one than I was about Wright/Trinidad and the like.

As for Peter/Klitchko; I think Vitali will look the same as he did 4 years ago. Like a scary ****ing robot who's beating the piss out of boxer. I think he jumps on Peter quick, gets him hurt early in the first or second, backs off a little to catch his breath, and finishes him before the end of the 5th. Vitali has too tough a beard, and too much moxy for me to think Peter has a chance in hell of winning this without help from a sniper in the building.

Comment

I kinda want Vitali to win, but don't think he will. I hope for and expect a close decision win for RJ, although Joe can definitely outwork him. Bernard's got enough left to trouble Pavlik, but not enough to beat him imo. It's a given Povetkin will be stopped by Wlad. And **** Ruiz-Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          I kinda want Vitali to win, but don't think he will. I hope for and expect a close decision win for RJ, although Joe can definitely outwork him. Bernard's got enough left to trouble Pavlik, but not enough to beat him imo. It's a given Povetkin will be stopped by Wlad. And **** Ruiz-Valuev.
          Vitali>KO8 over Peter

Valuev>UD12 over Ruiz

Pavlik>UD12 or TKO11 over Hopkins

Jones>UD12 or TKO10 over Calzaghe

Comment

Peter, who couldn't stop a fat middlweight, is going to stop Vitali, who has never even been down and has won EVERY fight he has won (except ONE) by knockout?

Dream on.

Comment

Get it right. Toney is a fat cruiserweight. He played high school ball at 190+ lbs. Amazing he ever made and won a fights at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by UTFISH View Post
                Get it right. Toney is a fat cruiserweight. He played high school ball at 190+ lbs. Amazing he ever made and won a fights at 160.
                There's a big difference between being a high-school "pudgy" living on junk food, and a trained fighter. That he WAS able to get down to 160 lbs with muscles yet, shows that the rest was blubber.

Do you think that Peter, with the right diet and trainer couldn't get down to 220...........??

Comment

Originally posted by UTFISH View Post
                  Just because he played high school football at 190+ pounds doesn't mean he wasn't fat doing it. Toney's natural weight should be around SMW at the most. The guy is obese.

Comment

Originally posted by braddman View Post
                    Just because he played high school football at 190+ pounds doesn't mean he wasn't fat doing it. Toney's natural weight should be around SMW at the most. The guy is obese.
                    yeah, he is not a natural cruiser by any stretch of the imagination.

i played football at 215 pounds, when i was boxing i wasn't in good fighting shape until i was down to 180.

Comment

Working...
                    X