No announcement yet.

Kotelnik Willing To Face Salita on Jones-Calzaghe Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kotelnik Willing To Face Salita on Jones-Calzaghe Card

WBA junior welterweight champion Andreas Kotelnik (29-2, 13KOs) has told BoxingScene.com about a possible duel against unbeaten prospect Dmitriy Salita (28-0, 16KOs), and his preparations for the fight against Norio Kimura (32-5, 18KOs) on September 13 in Lviv, *******. [details]

That would be a great addition to this card.

But Kotelnik will not receive fair judging in New York. He'll need a KO to win - and may get one over the over-protected Salita.

Comment

This would be a great fight for Kotelnik, he would get to showcase his skills to Americans on a big HBO PPV.

Kotelnik is very underrated, he can beat anyone at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergei23 View Post
        This would be a great fight for Kotelnik, he would get to showcase his skills to Americans on a big HBO PPV.

Kotelnik is very underrated, he can beat anyone at 140.
        I agree, I think Kotelnik might be among the top 2 or 3 in the division and can't be counted out against anyone in the division. Salita has to be on top of his game to unseat this guy, I hear Kotelnik was robbed against Witter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk Time View Post
          I agree, I think Kotelnik might be among the top 2 or 3 in the division and can't be counted out against anyone in the division. Salita has to be on top of his game to unseat this guy, I hear Kotelnik was robbed against Witter.
          Yeah, Kotelinik was definitely robbed against Witter....Kotelnik outlanded Witter and had the more effective, accurate punches, he was blocking a lot of Witter's punches....Witter got a hometown UK gift decision.

Kotenik was also robbed against M'Baye....in their first fight M'Baye got a hometown gift decision in France...In the rematch Kotelnik Clearly won the fight, but the judges scored it a draw.

Kotelnik should actually be undefeated right now.

Comment

I agree, Kotelnik is very underrated. The fight with Witter was very close so you cant really call a robbery but he certainly couldve had his hand raised.

Technically hes very sound, decent pop. His only problem is that he's sometimes too lazy and tentative. Someone like Hatton would probably exploit that but he'd still be trouble for anyone at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergei23 View Post
              Yeah, Kotelinik was definitely robbed against Witter....Kotelnik outlanded Witter and had the more effective, accurate punches, he was blocking a lot of Witter's punches....Witter got a hometown UK gift decision.

Kotenik was also robbed against M'Baye....in their first fight M'Baye got a hometown gift decision in France...In the rematch Kotelnik Clearly won the fight, but the judges scored it a draw.

Kotelnik should actually be undefeated right now.
              The effort he gave against Rees was exceptional. True, Rees was unheralded but he put forth an honest effort and walked through some bombs. If Kotelnik shows up in the shape he was for Rees, Salita is going to have to step his game up to unseat the titlist.

Comment

After he beats the Japanese scrub, it would be nice if Koelnik was forced to fight his mandatory against Marcos Maidana. Maidana is a big puncher and I can't help but think it would be more interesting than a fight with Salita, who hasn't exactly fought the best of competition and isn't all that much of a puncher.

Comment

Working...
                X