No announcement yet.

Sultan Ibragimov Speaks, Vows To Return To The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sultan Ibragimov Speaks, Vows To Return To The Ring

Former WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov, who we last saw losing a unanimous decision to Wladimir Klitschko in a February unification fight at New York's Madison Square Garden, is now on vacation in Russia for much needed rest from the sport. He took some time to speak with BoxingScene.com about his return. [details]

Why? Just go home. Never return.

Comment

I'll be looking forward to Sultan's return in 2009. He's made some money now, and he deserves some rest and relaxation after being very busy for the past ten years and then fighting the world's best heavyweight.

Comment

Let's hope he does sumthin excitin in his next fight.

Comment

He fought in a boring fight against an old washed up Holyfield and in a boring fight against Klitschko. This man sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
            He fought in a boring fight against an old washed up Holyfield and in a boring fight against Klitschko. This man sucks.
            I agree.

I will not await this fight with interest...

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
              I agree.

I will not await this fight with interest...
              Who would? I don't wanna look at this guy fight, ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Former WBO heavyweight champion Sultan Ibragimov, who we last saw losing a unanimous decision to Wladimir Klitschko in a February unification fight at New York's Madison Square Garden, is now on vacation in Russia for much needed rest from the sport. He took some time to speak with BoxingScene.com about his return. [details]
                I don't exactly understand the significance of this report- if there is any. The HEADLINE to "vow to return" sounds as if someone or something was trying hard to prevent him, but that he was going to triumph over adversity, or those preventing him from "returning" to boxing ..............AND RETURN !!.

I don't think that, outside Russia, he has any sort of fiollowing anyway, being a VERY fringe-positioned "lesser light" of the heavyweight division anyway.

A proper, truthful lead headline, would have indicated the content of the "report" and I would not have wasted my time reading it. I suspect others feel the same way.

Comment

I don't ever want to see him again.

Comment

Perfect guy for Haye to fight. If he knocks him out, his fight with Wlad, and the hype surrounding it, will be much bigger.

Comment

Working...
                    X