No announcement yet.

Toney vs. Rahman Result Changed To a No-Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toney vs. Rahman Result Changed To a No-Decision

The third-round technical stoppage that James Toney scored over Hasim Rahman two weeks ago was changed to a No Decision by the California State Athletic Commission, according to a press release distributed by the CSAC (the agency that regulates boxing in California) today. [details]

Flaming not permitted in NSB. Edited.

Comment

I had a feeling that would happen. That has pretty much confirmed that Haye is going to fight Rahman in November.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
        I had a feeling that would happen. That has pretty much confirmed that Haye is going to fight Rahman in November.
        Indeed. Fair call to be honest, rules state the 4 round minimum so it's actually reassuring they would over turn it and respect the rules.

Will never know who would have won that fight really, shame. Hope Rahman and Haye get it on though, should be good.

Comment

The head butt by Toney looked to be intentional, so he didn't deserve to win because of it.

Comment

Who was best? Rachan vs toney

Toney looked a bit more like his youth, Rachman could have won but he fought the wrong fight. VS TONEY, you hang back and let him attack, make it a slow technical fight, and the rock does have a ramrock left jab, as he displayed in the 1st round.

if The rock was braver, what would have happened though?

Comment

That is such a crock of ****... I thought that the DR had to deem the cut bad enough to stop the fight before 4 rounds for it to end in a ND? The DR did NOT stop the fight because of the cut... He stopped the fight, because Rahman was claiming he couldn't see! He basically quit! What a little ***** Rahman is! Did he not see Cotto's face this weekend? Would he have quit on his stool with a little ass cut like that? **** no... that dude has no heart, and I hope he gets KTFO in his next fight. Karma is a ***** Rahman!

Comment

Two shot fighters. Who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasboy34 View Post
                  That is such a crock of ****... I thought that the DR had to deem the cut bad enough to stop the fight before 4 rounds for it to end in a ND? The DR did NOT stop the fight because of the cut... He stopped the fight, because Rahman was claiming he couldn't see! He basically quit! What a little ***** Rahman is! Did he not see Cotto's face this weekend? Would he have quit on his stool with a little ass cut like that? **** no... that dude has no heart, and I hope he gets KTFO in his next fight. Karma is a ***** Rahman!
                  true.........& haye needs 2 step up & fight James Toney.......

Comment

Who cares come november haye will knockout shot ass rahman anyway...

Comment

Working...
                    X