No announcement yet.

James Toney is Back in Action, And Looking Good Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney is Back in Action, And Looking Good Too

By Doug Fischer - I’ve got good news and bad news to report from Reseda, California.

The good news is that James Toney is back and looking about as sharp as I’ve seen him in four or five years.

However, for more than a few fans, that’s also the bad news.

After Toney was dropped and dominated by Samuel Peter in their rematch last January there was a sizable contingent of fans around the world who happily said “good-bye, James.” Sadly, many of those fans used to love watching Toney work his craft and talk his trash back when he was the middleweight and super middleweight champ.

However, much of the respect Toney earned during his glory years and during his amazing comeback year of 2003, when he beat then-undefeated Vassiliy Jirov for the IBF cruiserweight title in a classic 12-round confrontation and then dominated 3-to-1 favorite Evander Holyfield to a ninth-round stoppage, was gradually stripped away by his often frustrating heavyweight campaign, which was pockmarked by persistent injuries, layoffs, excessive weight gain, and testing positive for banned substances. [details]

i saw him he looks in good shape..best shape since cruiserweight

Comment

Even a 40 year old James Toney is very dangerous, if hes in the shape everyone says he's in, he'll take an easy UD and hopefully go on to fight Arreola or Tua.

Comment

toney is agreat fighter, a fav of mine and even at 40 his skills mean he is still a dangerous fighter....i reckon he can beat rahman

Comment

yeah toney. who wants to bet- i got 10k on toney straight up?!?!?! im going to bed soon, so lets hear it...

Comment

i got James"Lights Out" Toney over rock...

Comment

he's lookin pretty chunky?! on the [details] page
              is that pic current?

Comment

3k on toney

Comment

haha, so we all got james.. no one will win any virtual cash from each other, but 'lights out' still gonna put on a clinic!

Comment

I am rooting for Toney but I wonder what his injury or sickness for the Batchelder fight was?

Comment

Working...
                    X