No announcement yet.

WBC To Rule on Joe Calzaghe's Title Reign Very Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC To Rule on Joe Calzaghe's Title Reign Very Soon

According to WBC President Jose Sulaiman, a decision on what is going to happen with the WBC super middleweight title could be only a week or so away. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    According to WBC President Jose Sulaiman, a decision on what is going to happen with the WBC super middleweight title could be only a week or so away. [details]
    Joe finds it too hard to make 168. Not even a Pav fight can bring him down to 168.

Comment

We all know Calzaghe isn't going to face any Mandatories, so realistically there will be a vacant title fight in the late summer.

Inkin has already postponed two fights with Froch so is looking unlikely to happen, which leaves Kessler who is in line for the WBA title so he'll be heading in that direction.

Then there is Taylor. This is the fight i most anticipate for this division. Froch needs an opponent that will answer all questions doubting if he is for real or not, and Taylor needs a comeback fight after the Pavlik losses. Problem for Taylor is, this fight possesses too much risk that could finish his career, but the reward is the WBC title. Also, has Taylor deserved a shot for the title? Same could be said about Froch. I say let's get it on.

Comment

Keep it simple, Froch against the next contender behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          Keep it simple, Froch against the next contender behind him.
          Which is Inkin. Who dropped out of two clashes with Froch last month. Kessler is 3rd. Taylor is 4th.

Comment

I hope WBC see sense and don't give Inkin a title shot. A Froch-Kessler/Taylor fight is what I want to see.

Comment

Whatever happens I just hope Froch isn't 'given' the belt. He should win it fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by boofdatruth View Post
                Joe finds it too hard to make 168. Not even a Pav fight can bring him down to 168.
                he has said he would come back down to 168 for Pavlik

Comment

I don't think making 168 again would be a problem for Calzaghe. He went to light heavy out of prosperity, not necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by Addition View Post
                    I hope WBC see sense and don't give Inkin a title shot. A Froch-Kessler/Taylor fight is what I want to see.
                    Froch/Kessler and Taylor/Miranda and the winners get it on.

Comment

Working...
                    X