No announcement yet.

Herman Ngoudjo Continues His Quest For History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herman Ngoudjo Continues His Quest For History

On Friday night, in the main event of ESPN2’s ‘Friday Night Fights’, boxing fans get a chance to watch the continued growth of one of the most underrated boxers in the world in front of probably the fastest growing boxing hotbed in the world. [details]

His fight with Malignaggi was very close, and in my view he got a close win. But i won't argue the result.

I think he will probably win a world title (A vaugly meaningful one) at some point in the near futre.

Comment

Ndoudjo had his chance against Malignaggi (who I dont think showed up to fight) but didn't capitalize.

Now it's back to square 1.

Comment

Herman's a good fighter. He'll get his hands on a belt at 140 sooner or later.

Comment

There's no way Malignaggi beats Hatton (and who knows if Ngoudjo can secure his re-match on paper before that fight is announced as we all know where the money's at in this division. Then again Hatton may be looking at the WBC belt 1st; who knows?)... That being said, Herman still has a mountain to climb in becoming a World's Champion. But he really is that good and is constantly improving... Personally, Title on the line or not, I'd love to see Ngoudjo get his re-match with Paulie assuming he earns that right with a win on Friday Night Fights! I think a great showing on FNF's followed by a big win against Paulie may be the spring-board this guy needs to get some respect outside of the IBF!!!

Also, keep an eye on David Lemieux who's fighting on this undercard... We may even get to see some footage of his bout on FNF's as I'm expecting an easy, early K.O. from this future world class prospect from Quebec...
          Last edited by Johnny Blayzz; 06-03-2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Herman should fight Ndou next, I have herman winning by TKO

Comment

Herman's been on the losing end of two close fights (Castillo and Malignaggi), both of which with a bit more ring generalship he would have won. He has the chance to add a decent name to his resume in M'Baye, and I'm confident he will do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Blayzz View Post
                There's no way Malignaggi beats Hatton (and who knows if Ngoudjo can secure his re-match on paper before that fight is announced as we all know where the money's at in this division. Then again Hatton may be looking at the WBC belt 1st; who knows?)... That being said, Herman still has a mountain to climb in becoming a World's Champion. But he really is that good and is constantly improving... Personally, Title on the line or not, I'd love to see Ngoudjo get his re-match with Paulie assuming he earns that right with a win on Friday Night Fights! I think a great showing on FNF's followed by a big win against Paulie may be the spring-board this guy needs to get some respect outside of the IBF!!!

Also, keep an eye on David Lemieux who's fighting on this undercard... We may even get to see some footage of his bout on FNF's as I'm expecting an easy, early K.O. from this future world class prospect from Quebec...

Just seen his fight,yup,looks very good,looks like he knows all the basics and is VERY exciting,its true what the announce team said,he fights oldschool,and gets trained oldschool,u can see by the way he fights he trys to mix in a bit of Duran with the nonstop attacking but still defending while hes this agressive,8-0 with 8 KOs,only 19! ill keep an eye out for him

Comment

In his quest for whatever, he better knock someone out in the next decade.
                  He hasn't done that in a long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    In his quest for whatever, he better knock someone out in the next decade.
                    He hasn't done that in a long, long time.
                    Agree but look where Malignaggi went without the knockout. Malignaggi has faced two good fighters: Cotto and Ngoudjo and he lost to both of them. Ngoudjo's resumé is more impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X