No announcement yet.

Klitschko-Thompson: Initial Presser Blog By Thompson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klitschko-Thompson: Initial Presser Blog By Thompson

LOS ANGELES, CA --The following is a short entry written by Tony Thompson with regard to his initial press conference, which took place in Hamburg, Germany and Kiev, Ukraine, announcing his July 12, 2008 WBO/IBF mandatory unification title challenge against the champion Wladimir Klitschko. [details]

glad to hear that the Germans like him.

Comment

Can someone please paraphrase that ridiculously long article? I can't stand reading space filling BS. Anything important somewhere in there?

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        glad to hear that the Germans like him.
        Im kinda bummed about this fight

Wlad is my favorite fighter and has been for awhile

But i have also been talking up tony thompson as the best american heavyweight for almost 2 years now

I think Tony would easily defeat every other champ besides Klitschko. I want Tony to be a champ so i hope he gets another shot even if he if Ko'ed by Wlad. He has proven he will fight anyone anywhere... you can count the heavyweights with that mindset on 1 hand.

Comment

Originally posted by rizo_swat View Post
          Can someone please paraphrase that ridiculously long article? I can't stand reading space filling BS. Anything important somewhere in there?
          Thompson went over to do 2 press conferences with Wlad, one in hamburg (Germany) and one in the Ukraine. He also had dinner with Wlad and thinks he got the better of the staredowns.

Nothing of note really in there

Comment

Look alive. This fight's coming under the radar. Thompson has size, chin, an awkward southpaw style, sharp offensive skills, and a 26-fight win streak.

This one has a massive potential to be an upset.

Wlad has looked unimpressive in his last two bouts.
            He's become tentative and cautious. Happy to coast.

If the judging is fair, I pick Thompson by split or majority decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley85 View Post
              Thompson went over to do 2 press conferences with Wlad, one in hamburg (Germany) and one in the Ukraine. He also had dinner with Wlad and thinks he got the better of the staredowns.

Nothing of note really in there
              Thanks man.

I'm glad I didnt read the entire thing.

Comment

Go Klitschko!

Comment

Originally posted by Fightgame View Post
                  Look alive. This fight's coming under the radar. Thompson has size, chin, an awkward southpaw style, sharp offensive skills, and a 26-fight win streak.

This one has a massive potential to be an upset.

Wlad has looked unimpressive in his last two bouts.
                  He's become tentative and cautious. Happy to coast.

If the judging is fair, I pick Thompson by split or majority decision.
                  How does (2) blowout wins equal to looking unimpressive? He completely and utterly took Brewster to school and nullified any chance he had to win or even defend himself. Then Wlad totally outclassed a man who outclassed Briggs-with ease. So what , he didnt take the risk of getting hit by a fast-hard left hand from a very respected southpaw like Ibragimov. We know if he traded with Sultan, what would happen. But why take the unneccesary risk and KO Ibragimov for no reason when you have won every round in an easy fight. And, on to the last line. There is no way any heavyweight will outbox and win a decision against Wladimir. You can forget about that altogether. If Thompson wins, it will have to be due to a suprise landing hard left hand. No decision chance agains Dr. Steelehammer. Jab, hard jab, hard right hand - all night long.
                  Last edited by Chase8400; 06-02-2008, 02:10 PM.

Comment

klitschKO will KO this bum

Comment

Working...
                    X