Fight Night Round 4: Mike Tyson Confirmed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night Round 4: Mike Tyson Confirmed

Ign.com

revolutionized boxing games with Fight Night. Not wanting to let a good thing rest for too long, EA is stepping back into the ring, announcing Fight Night Round 4 for PS3 and Xbox 360. Though Round 4 won't be hitting store shelves until 2009, EA is starting the hype train early.

"The EA Sports Fight Night franchise has always been synonymous with quality and innovation that raised the bar for the sports videogame genre," said Kevin Wilkinson, Executive Producer, EA Sports. "EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 was a platform defining game as the industry transitioned to next generation consoles. EA Sports Fight Night Round 4 will change how boxing games are played and measured in the future."

Developed by EA Canada, Fight Night Round 4 promises that "no fight will be the same." Along with adding more fighting styles, Round 4 features a new physics-based animation system that allows for more realistic-looking missed punches, glancing blows and jaw-rocking knockouts. The game engine is being completely re-written to allow for greater boxer diversity and "rough and tumble" inside fighting.

The full list of boxers has not been released, but a few names have been revealed. Muhammad Ali is back again and will be able to enter the ring with Sugar Ray Leonard, Lennox Lewis and "Iron" Mike Tyson, among others. You read that right -- Mike "That is a Tattoo on My Face" Tyson is making his return to videogames. Hallelujah.

Iron Mike online? Crazy news!

Those games are absolutely the best boxing games ever. I was always pissed that they didn't have Kid Dynamite..

I've always loved Mike Tyson's Punch out but it is so basic compared to the fight night games. I still play MTPO on Consol Classics online every once in a while...

Comment

Lewis AND Tyson? Yes sir... Put Kessler in there I know that's not gonna happen.. but it would be cool.

Comment

man i hope they get rid of parrying

Comment

Can't wait to use the Lennox jab! (I'll go and get a life now )

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
            Lewis AND Tyson? Yes sir... Put Kessler in there I know that's not gonna happen.. but it would be cool.
            Don't see why not. Looking at some of the people who were in the last game it could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
              Don't see why not. Looking at some of the people who were in the last game it could happen.
              Naps not to disrespect or anything but the chick in your avatar, What happend? she aint got no butter on them biskits.

Comment

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!be en Waiting For Mike To Be In A Game Forever!!!!!!!

Comment

I wonder if Cotto's signature punch will be the haymaker low blow. Right on the nads.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                    Naps not to disrespect or anything but the chick in your avatar, What happend? she aint got no butter on them biskits.
                    Haha, funny you should say that mate, I'm currently looking for a new avvy pic, I checked back here and you'd said that. Watch this space.

Comment

Working...
                    X