No announcement yet.

De La Hoya Dedicating Fight To Art Aragon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De La Hoya Dedicating Fight To Art Aragon

LOS ANGELES – The current "Golden Boy" and legendary champion Oscar de la Hoya will pay tribute to the original Los Angeles "Golden Boy" Art Aragon, who died this year at the age of 88.

"Art Aragon meant so much to boxing and the Los Angeles community," said De La Hoya, who was called "Golden Boy" soon after winning his 1992 Olympic gold medal. "With his passing this March, I thought it was only fitting to dedicate my fight to him and acknowledge his great contribution to boxing and the community. I am glad his family will be able to be there for this special night." [details]

glad to see oscar paying tribute to the real golden boy. Art was a damn good fighter in his day and should be remembered for it. Delahoya has made millions and who knows how much was due to that name. He should do more then honer the man he should give that family some greenbacks aswell. but for some reason i don't think that is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterthanSugar View Post
      glad to see oscar paying tribute to the real golden boy. Art was a damn good fighter in his day and should be remembered for it. Delahoya has made millions and who knows how much was due to that name. He should do more then honer the man he should give that family some greenbacks aswell. but for some reason i don't think that is going to happen.
      "GIVE THAT FAMILY SOME GREENBACKS"? YEAH RIGHT!!! delahoto has been stealing you people blind for years, and you still don't see it!!!! (in fact ya'll like it)

Comment

Thats great thing for Delahoya to do.

Comment

Side note: HBO really made Aragon sound like the biggest ***** in the world during the April 12th card.

Comment

Working...
          X