No announcement yet.

Cherry-Johnston Announced for 5/21 on ESPN2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry-Johnston Announced for 5/21 on ESPN2

Press Release - Starfight Productions, Inc. is pleased to announce the ring return of WBC USNBC Lightweight Champion, Edner “Cherry Bomb” Cherry on May 21, 2008. The lightweight contender appears in a ten round title defense against former WBC Lightweight World Champion Stevie “Lil’ But Bad” Johnston in the main event of ESPN2’s Wednesday Night Fights series.

The very special presentation of ESPN2’s popular broadcast will air live from the United States Marine base of Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
    [details]

cool i enjoyed last fight from the cherry guy knocking out that mayweather wannabe

Comment

Stevie isn't the fighter he used to be, but it's good to see a native Coloradoan on Tv, even if it is just ESPN. Should be a good fight with Cherry.

Comment

yeah cherry KAYOD the only other active Roger Mayweather trained fighter i know of.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          yeah cherry KAYOD the only other active Roger Mayweather trained fighter i know of.
          roger fighter torrence daniels got koed last week by bernabe concepcion in the chavez jr undercard
          also ishe smith who is trained by roger is fighting tonight against joel julio

Comment

i like cherry. him and john brown are cut from the same cloth.
            he's come'd back from a dissappointing malignaggi showing.
            has had issues with taking boxing seriously along with running
            businesses.
            if cherry has a good night watch out stevie!

Comment

Johnston is in for a beating.

Comment

I thought that Stevie had retired. He is too brave for is own good. I have both of his fights with Castillo on tape. I really liked his skill. Cherry is too strong for him.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                  Stevie isn't the fighter he used to be, but it's good to see a native Coloradoan on Tv, even if it is just ESPN. Should be a good fight with Cherry.
                  Aye true that (though I'm technically not from Colorado. I lived in Littleton for about 8 years), still Stevie shouldn't be fighting. He's way way way past his prime and he'll most likely take a beating against Cherry.

Comment

Johnston needs to give it up. He's got no chance of bein a champ again, and it's sad if he's just fightin for money, even tho I ain't heard anything about him bein broke.

Comment

Working...
                    X