No announcement yet.

Chuck Giampa Retires, Pursues Consulting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Giampa Retires, Pursues Consulting

Las Vegas, Nev. – Chuck Giampa, one of the top boxing judge’s in the world, has retired from his position as a boxing judge to pursue a career as a boxing consultant and continue as a sports columnist. Giampa was appointed as a judge in 1984 and has had an illustrious career, judging many memorable championship fights including the Holyfield-Tyson II “Bite Night” fight and the Holyfield-Bowe “Fan Man” fight. He has judged over 120 world championship fights in addition to many regional and international title fights in Italy, England, Wales, France, Germany, Panama, Argentina, Korea and Japan. [details]

I like Giampa... he always seemed to get it more right than the other Vegas judges.

Comment

i like giampa, damn

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post

I like Giampa... he always seemed to get it more right than the other Vegas judges.
        giampa had chavez beating taylor in their first fight.....he is scum who always sides with the fighter with more status....

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          giampa had chavez beating taylor in their first fight.....he is scum who always sides with the fighter with more status....
          What he said! Nobody with 2 eyes and fair vision capabilities saw Chavez beating Taylor when the fight was stopped. Taylor ran his ass down.

**** you Chuck, happy consulting. Please take Jerry Roth and Duane Ford with you before you go though!

Comment

Idk, I meant that he usually has the right score when he has it for the right fighter.

116-112 Mayweather over De La Hoya.
            116-112 Morales over Barrera in the rematch.

When there is a score that is the consensus right one, he usually seems to have it (if he doesn't have a completely ****ed up scorecard).

If he is on, he is right on. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Idk, I meant that he usually has the right score when he has it for the right fighter.

116-112 Mayweather over De La Hoya.
              116-112 Morales over Barrera in the rematch.

When there is a score that is the consensus right one, he usually seems to have it (if he doesn't have a completely ****ed up scorecard).

If he is on, he is right on. That's all I'm saying.
              he had barrera winning, it was a ud robbery in favor of barrera....

Comment

giampa suuuucks....

Comment

he had barrera winning, it was a ud robbery in favor of barrera....
                  Well ****!

Idk, maybe I was wrong about Giampa.

He does seem to be the best out of the Vegas regulars though (not saying much).

Comment

Well ****!

Idk, maybe I was wrong about Giampa.

He does seem to be the best out of the Vegas regulars though (not saying much).
                    Yeah, that's kinda like being the nicest guy in San Quentin.

Comment

Working...
                    X