No announcement yet.

BJ Flores: "I'm Shocked O'Neil Bell Quit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BJ Flores: "I'm Shocked O'Neil Bell Quit"

PHOENIX, AZ - After an exciting weekend in Las Vegas taking in the Bernard Hopkins/Joe Calzaghe Light Heavyweight Title bout, undefeated and world ranked cruiserweight BJ Flores spoke about this past weekend’s IBF Title Elimination bout between Tomasz Adamek and O’Neil Bell which took place in Katowice, Poland. [details]

That's because at this stage of O'Neil's career he has nothing left. After he lost to Mormeck in the rematch, he hasn't been the same since. Goodbye O'Neil, it was fun while it lasted.

Comment

He should fight MORMECK again

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
        He should fight MORMECK again

Both fighters would have to take a major paycut from their previous matches, and that never goes over very well.

Comment

Bell was just so damn inactive. Funny, because when he fought, it was usually very exciting. He never seemed very disciplined to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Both fighters would have to take a major paycut from their previous matches, and that never goes over very well.
            The careers of both fighters has taken a downward spiral and neither have many options at this point. In fact, unless they're fighting one of the elite fighters of the division, they'll stand to make more money fighting each other than any other fight in the cruiserweight division.

Comment

It makes sense really. Bell only seems to fight once a year as of late and he's had some troubles before fights. I liked watching him fight, but once Adamek started hitting him and he wasn't connecting himself it seemed like he was frustrated and was looking for a way out.

Comment

Originally posted by internetworld7 View Post
                The careers of both fighters has taken a downward spiral and neither have many options at this point. In fact, unless they're fighting one of the elite fighters of the division, they'll stand to make more money fighting each other than any other fight in the cruiserweight division.

They'd have to fight in France for the fight to be worth any money. In the US the best they could do is make 10K each headling an ESPN card. My prediction is that Bell ends his career at heavyweight, similar to what Al Cole did.

Comment

Working...
                X