No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Bracketbusters – The Finals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavyweight Bracketbusters – The Finals

by Marty Mulcahey - I can not guarantee that my championship fight will match the excitement, or quality, of the NCAA Final Four, but I know my end result does not require a 13th round. Unfortunately, my tourney did not end simultaneously with the NCAA's. Fortunately, it was because my bracket won our office pool, and I funneled my winnings into the local liqueur industry (Tequila and Squirt soda is not as bad as it sounds). Now that I have recovered full control of my faculties and extremities, I am back to wrap up my 64 man heavyweight elimination tourney. Of course, some will interpret the results of my matches as an indication of a continued alcoholic stupor. Hey, I call them as I see 'em.

As in the first two rounds, I fell back upon the Title Bout 2.5 computer boxing simulation (and other boxing minds) when I found myself unsure of a result, which was usually because of the evenness of the boxers on paper, or a lack of knowledge about a boxer, his style, mental outlook, tendency to cut, etc. etc. [details]

Anyone who think Chagaev will Beat Wlad is on another planet. Wlad will ram him all day long with that piston-like jab.

Comment

Originally posted by plug75 View Post
      Anyone who think Chagaev will Beat Wlad is on another planet. Wlad will ram him all day long with that piston-like jab.
      I agree. The article is right on until the final match. I hope the fight comes off now to prove how badly Klitschko will dominate Chagaev. It will be a beatdown, and a sure victory for Wlad. Chagaev will pose a threat until Klitschko realizes that he can land the right as much as he wants. Then, boom! It will all be over with. By the way, Klitschko is subject to a sneaky straight "left" hand. Not the right. Sanders did basically nothing with the right hand in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
        I agree. The article is right on until the final match. I hope the fight comes off now to prove how badly Klitschko will dominate Chagaev. It will be a beatdown, and a sure victory for Wlad. Chagaev will pose a threat until Klitschko realizes that he can land the right as much as he wants. Then, boom! It will all be over with. By the way, Klitschko is subject to a sneaky straight "left" hand. Not the right. Sanders did basically nothing with the right hand in the fight.
        I agree with your comment that Sanders did nothing with his right hand. I ALWAYS maintain that Wladimir's LEFT eyebrow cut was from Sanders' head, as you can see in a slo-motion recap. Two of them in fact.

Comment

Sanders destroyed Wlad. Those left were missiles and hard as hell.

Speaking of Chagaev, boy did he look crappy against Skelton.
          I am thinking Valuev will beat him in the rematch. He seems to have improved.

Comment

you got 3 of the final 4 right. i add toney as my sleeper pick instead of valov.but i have sam peter beating the hell out of ruslan chagav. in about three rounds. wlad winning it all by another unamious decision not unlike the first fight they had. wlad klitcho gets off floor and out box's still somewhat crued samual peter after knocking toney out in the final four. one more thing i must say valov is so overrated this guy needed a hometown decesion to beat john ruiz. a washed up john ruiz at that to.he's going to take a spanking from chagav in there rematch coming up. he better go back to fighting owen beck and monte barret again. don king is going to get him killed.he's like the 2008 version of primo carrnera.he's only slightly more entertaing then john ruiz aswell.

Comment

Working...
            X