No announcement yet.

Michael Buffer Ready To Return after Cancer Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Buffer Ready To Return after Cancer Battle

Boxing ring announcer, Michael Buffer, famous for the trademarked phrase, "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE", is currently recovering at his home in Los Angeles following surgery to remove cancerous tumors from the throat and neck. [details]

omg...i didnt knew this ....

hope he recovers well and that his voice stays unaffected....im sure a lot of people miss him :P

Comment

I wish him well, and I'm glad that he's better, although I didn't miss him. I didn't know he was ill. To me, "lets get ready to rumble" is only pretentious nonsense, and that he's made millions from that common-place little act, speaks volumes about those who have contributed. Jimmy Lennon is far better, with a natural voice of excellent timbre, emitting real excitement and anticipation, and not a faked, chesty, baritone, reminding me of the singing voice of Jim Nabors, the "Gomer Pyle" character in the Andy Griffith Show......... Just my opinion.

Years ago, his facial complexion seemed very red and rough looking, I've always wondered if he's had surgical correction, or is it just better makeup.

One very good point he makes is the possibility that a short smoking period, even so long ago, can be considered dangerous. Most doctors I know say differently, but I think he makes a very good point.

Comment

Hope all goes well....

Comment

Im Glad he's better...He's a cool guy apparently as my nephew met him at a Tua fight in Auckland NZ a few years back.
          As for edgarg's opinion...some things are better left unsaid mate...get over yourself champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Kesslerfan#1 View Post
            Im Glad he's better...He's a cool guy apparently as my nephew met him at a Tua fight in Auckland NZ a few years back.
            As for edgarg's opinion...some things are better left unsaid mate...get over yourself champ.
            I don't think you're Kesslers #1 fan.

I AM haha

Comment

Drop me a line mate and we will talk "Kessler"
              You are betting on Hopkins over Calzaghe...your nuts man!!!

Comment

Drop me a line mate and we will talk "Kessler"
                You are betting on Hopkins over Calzaghe...your nuts man!!!
                It's just internet points, so why not.

Comment

Thank you for the lesson in behaviour. Still, I trust that we are all entitled to our individual opinions??

In this case, since the matter was obviously minor, it's not neccessary to apply the saying that "De mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum". I merely applied a combination of fact and opinion, as I clearly said.

Comment

my opinion is: I prefer Jimmy Lennon Jr..

but I am glad to hear Michael Buffer is recovering.

Comment

Working...
                    X