No announcement yet.

Adamek-Bell Lands on ESPN - April 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adamek-Bell Lands on ESPN - April 19

TOTOWA, NJ – On Saturday, April 19, 2008, ESPN Classic will broadcast live the 12 round IBF Cruiserweight Eliminator between Tomasz Adamek (IBF #3) and O’ Neil Bell (IBF #7), it was jointly announced today by Main Events, Ziggy Promotions, Seminole Warriors Boxing, and KnockOut Promotion. The winner of this highly-anticipated cruiserweight showdown at the Spodek Arena in Katowice, Poland will earn the IBF’s #1 mandatory position. ESPN Classic’s broadcast of the bout will begin at 6:00 pm ET.

[details]

Nice warmup fight before Calzaghe-Hopkins later that night.

Comment

Nice to see Adamek back in the mix. I remember he performed reasonably well against Dawson. I thought it was closer than the judges made it seem. Bell will be out to reclaim his legacy, so it's got the makings of a good fight.

Comment

Awesome, i hope its a good undercard as well

Comment

gonna be an awsome fight i cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
            gonna be an awsome fight i cant wait

I'm picking Adamek.

Comment

You never know what O'Neil Bell will show up and that's what makes him fun to watch. Both of his fights with Mormeck were good and I think he would have won the second one if it wasn't for that gay open scoring, which led to Mormeck staying away from him in the last four rounds. It should be an exciting fight. That day looks pretty promising with this fight and Calzaghe/Hopkins later in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
                You never know what O'Neil Bell will show up and that's what makes him fun to watch. Both of his fights with Mormeck were good and I think he would have won the second one if it wasn't for that gay open scoring, which led to Mormeck staying away from him in the last four rounds. It should be an exciting fight. That day looks pretty promising with this fight and Calzaghe/Hopkins later in the evening.
                If the bell that beat Mormeck turns up he could well Ko adamek, but if its the one that should have lost to brown then adamek could win.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  TOTOWA, NJ – On Saturday, April 19, 2008, ESPN Classic will broadcast live the 12 round IBF Cruiserweight Eliminator between Tomasz Adamek (IBF #3) and O’ Neil Bell (IBF #7), it was jointly announced today by Main Events, Ziggy Promotions, Seminole Warriors Boxing, and KnockOut Promotion. The winner of this highly-anticipated cruiserweight showdown at the Spodek Arena in Katowice, Poland will earn the IBF’s #1 mandatory position. ESPN Classic’s broadcast of the bout will begin at 6:00 pm ET.

[details]
                  6pm ET? ****, I know I'm going to forget this.

Good news though.

Comment

Originally posted by luke_ski View Post
                    Nice to see Adamek back in the mix. I remember he performed reasonably well against Dawson. I thought it was closer than the judges made it seem. Bell will be out to reclaim his legacy, so it's got the makings of a good fight.

Jones Jr. vs Toney was also close if thats the case. The fight was not close at all and the only rounds that Adamek won was the 10-8 round that was in the 10th and the 12th. Dawson completely dominated every other round in the fight.

I slightly favor Adamek in this match up. I like his quicker hands and accurate punching over Bell's non stop volume punching and toughness. It will be a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X