No announcement yet.

Adrian Diaconu-Chris Henry Tops Romania Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Diaconu-Chris Henry Tops Romania Card

Bucharest, Romania – Gankor Promotions, Inc. will present a night of World Championship Boxing at the 7,000 seat Sala Polivalents Arena in Bucharest, Romania on Saturday April 19th. The main event is the WBC Interim Light Heavyweight Championship between # 1 contender Adrian “The Shark” Diaconu and # 3 contender Chris “Hard Hitting” Henry. [details]

Thi sounds like a damn good bout. Can't wait to see Chad facing the winner.

Comment

I seen Henry fight live about times but against limited competition. I hope he can pull this one out.

Comment

I was in houston tx on 10/12/2006 when Chris Henry Fought Rayco "War" Saunders for the WBC USNBC light heavy title. Ask Ronnie Shields, Evander Holyfield, Juan Diaz, Rocky Juarez and Reggie Johnson who were all material witnesses when Rayco Saunders beat the hell out of Chris Henry in his own hometown. That night Rayco Saunders lost a highly controversial 10 round split decision. The only thing that saved Chris Henry was the large helping of home cooking he received from the hometown judges. Don't believe me do a google search and check the fight reports. Adrian Diaconu in this fight will KO Chris Henry I guarantee it !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sincityboxing View Post
          I was in houston tx on 10/12/2006 when Chris Henry Fought Rayco "War" Saunders for the WBC USNBC light heavy title. Ask Ronnie Shields, Evander Holyfield, Juan Diaz, Rocky Juarez and Reggie Johnson who were all material witnesses when Rayco Saunders beat the hell out of Chris Henry in his own hometown. That night Rayco Saunders lost a highly controversial 10 round split decision. The only thing that saved Chris Henry was the large helping of home cooking he received from the hometown judges. Don't believe me do a google search and check the fight reports. Adrian Diaconu in this fight will KO Chris Henry I guarantee it !!!!!
          Mr. Roberts,

Just because you are still bitter about losing a bout with your guy on the road to an undefeated fighter, you do not have to express hatred toward's Chris in his upcoming bout. On that night, Chris and Rayco certainly had an all out battle. The bout was very close, both took and dished out alot of punishment and needed some recovery time.
          I wrote one of the fight reports you refer to and I scored it a draw if there had not been any point deductions. Compubox has analyzed the bout from recording and agreed with the 7-3 decision by two of the judges. I can share that with you if you wish.
          Nobody in attendence thought Rayco beat the hell out of Chris, in fact, everyone there saw that they beat the hell out of each other. Ronnie Shields was there that night and is now training Chris!
          I would think you should wish Henry to win and state your case for a rematch.
          The bigger issue is keeping your fighter at his optimal fight weight, out of trouble, and training hard so that he doesnt lose badly to journeymen such as Dafir Smith.

If Henry fights Diaconu like he fought Saunders, then yes, the Romanian will score a KO, but will receive alot of punishment as well have his biggest test thus far in his career. If Henry jabs and moves laterally, he will win rounds and if he can avoid point deductions and win 8 or more rounds should take the decision or even get a late stoppage.
          I should hope that his team realizes Diaconu is a class above Saunders and won't stand toe to toe with him like Chris and Rayco did for 10 rounds. I've witnessed his sparring the last few months and he's alot stronger and improved very much since the bout with Rayco. I was there when he destroyed Heyman, and have been at 14 of his bouts.

Comment

Ringside mike, I agree that we all should wish chris henry the best. I enjoyed fighting him. I still feel I won the fight. Compubox tracks punches thrown and landed. They don't count punches blocked or punches that do the most damage, which I was on top in both stats! Henry received a 45 day suspension after the fight. No cuts or medical? injuries!... You mentioned that I should stay out of trouble and in shape, so I don't lose to the Dafir Smiths...As far as trouble, I'm a MAN! A man protects his family by any means necessary! Smith didn't beat me. He's... I was 50 percent for that fight. I took chris henry on an 8 day notice. I was 70 percent. He's a good fighter. He needs to keep his hands up and think alittle more. Adrian is not a class up from me neither. I've just been unfortunate not to get the wins in fights that I clearly won. That's what happens when you won't sign your life away to a promoter. Adrian's team is very nervous for this fight, and should be. They wanted me to give them inside scoop on henry's flaws, but I didn't. Could have! I want to see Henry do good though on an even score. I hope to get my rematch and bring him his second, but official first loss...And for the record, I'm strong again...ask Danny Santiago, what that means for the next opponent that gets infront of me! Peace to you.
            Originally posted by ringsidemike View Post
            Mr. Roberts,

Just because you are still bitter about losing a bout with your guy on the road to an undefeated fighter, you do not have to express hatred toward's Chris in his upcoming bout. On that night, Chris and Rayco certainly had an all out battle. The bout was very close, both took and dished out alot of punishment and needed some recovery time.
            I wrote one of the fight reports you refer to and I scored it a draw if there had not been any point deductions. Compubox has analyzed the bout from recording and agreed with the 7-3 decision by two of the judges. I can share that with you if you wish.
            Nobody in attendence thought Rayco beat the hell out of Chris, in fact, everyone there saw that they beat the hell out of each other. Ronnie Shields was there that night and is now training Chris!
            I would think you should wish Henry to win and state your case for a rematch.
            The bigger issue is keeping your fighter at his optimal fight weight, out of trouble, and training hard so that he doesnt lose badly to journeymen such as Dafir Smith.

If Henry fights Diaconu like he fought Saunders, then yes, the Romanian will score a KO, but will receive alot of punishment as well have his biggest test thus far in his career. If Henry jabs and moves laterally, he will win rounds and if he can avoid point deductions and win 8 or more rounds should take the decision or even get a late stoppage.
            I should hope that his team realizes Diaconu is a class above Saunders and won't stand toe to toe with him like Chris and Rayco did for 10 rounds. I've witnessed his sparring the last few months and he's alot stronger and improved very much since the bout with Rayco. I was there when he destroyed Heyman, and have been at 14 of his bouts.

Comment

Interesting submission, war187.

Now this adds a lot more color to the fight rather than watching Henry beat up guys in short youtube clips.

Much appreciated. Hopefully this is real and you are Saunders.

Comment

Yes this is very real. Rayco "WAR" Saunders, A.K.A war187.

Comment

Working...
                X