No announcement yet.

Tavoris Cloud: The Light Heavyweight Secret

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tavoris Cloud: The Light Heavyweight Secret

With a perfect record of 18-0 with 17 wins by way of knock out, newly crowned USBA, NABA and NABO light heavyweight champion Tavoris Cloud may be the best-kept secret in the light heavyweight division…maybe in all of boxing. [details]

Hmm, not sure if I ever heard of him. Anyone have any videos?

The Light HW division is pretty weak right now, Johnson, Tarver, Hopkins, Roy Jones and Calzaghe are all old and/or past their primes and will be retired in a couple years. Chad Dawson's really the only youthful one of the bunch.

Comment

Havocman

There Was No Controversial Decision In That Us Championships Final With Showtime. He Lost Clearly And Cleanly. Great Bout Lots Of Excitment But No Controversy. If You Did'nt See The Bout Why Talk About It. I'll Have Someone Youtube It And Then Everyone Will See What The Results Were. Tavoris Is Doing Big Things, I Wish Him All The Best.

Comment

Originally posted by natas206 View Post

The Light HW division is pretty weak right now, Johnson, Tarver, Hopkins, Roy Jones and Calzaghe are all old and/or past their primes and will be retired in a couple years. Chad Dawson's really the only youthful one of the bunch.
        Joe Calzaghe, Bernard Hopkins, Chad Dawson, Glen Johnson, Antonio Tarver, Zsolt Erdei, Roy Jones, etc and you think LHW is pretty weak?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/v/KQBCSa_p8Oc&hl=en
          Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-02-2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Astarte View Post
            Joe Calzaghe, Bernard Hopkins, Chad Dawson, Glen Johnson, Antonio Tarver, Zsolt Erdei, Roy Jones, etc and you think LHW is pretty weak?
            Well yeah, absolutely, when you factor in that Calzaghe, Hopkins and Jones are not going to be fighting anyone other then huge named stars and only have a couple fights left in their careers. Johnson is past his prime and up there in age. Tarver, well, Tarver hasn't shown anything good in a few years and the best is probably behind him.

I haven't seen much of Zsolt, so no comment there, and like I said, Chad Dawson is the youthful one of the bunch.

So yes, absolutely the division is weak and perfect for a new star to emerge.

Comment

Well yeah, absolutely, when you factor in that Calzaghe, Hopkins and Jones are not going to be fighting anyone other then huge named stars and only have a couple fights left in their careers. Johnson is past his prime and up there in age. Tarver, well, Tarver hasn't shown anything good in a few years and the best is probably behind him.

I haven't seen much of Zsolt, so no comment there, and like I said, Chad Dawson is the youthful one of the bunch.

So yes, absolutely the division is weak and perfect for a new star to emerge.
              You might be right by the time this guy quits fighting tomato cans and steps up in opposition, I just don't see how it's weak right now.

Comment

I'm not saying Hopkins/Calzaghe/Jones aren't super talented, they are, but realistically they aint fighting anybody other than super stars and will retire within 1-3 fights.

Comment

cloud should fight someone like elvir muriqi and smack him around for recognition

Comment

Working...
                  X