No announcement yet.

Kostya Tsyzu - Death In Gloves; Part 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kostya Tsyzu - Death In Gloves; Part 1

By Bradley Yeh - An exceptional mix of unique characteristics made Kostya Tzsyu a ruthless and amazingly brilliant light welterweight boxer of the modern era. [details]

I AM a big Tszyu fan. But never taking a rematch with vince phillips. after losing in the upset of the year is weak. Then he ends his run by quitting on his stole against Hatton. He still belongs in the hall of fame but he's not up there with the best the division has ever had.

Comment

As a fan of Kostya, I enjoyed that read. Cant wait for the 2nd part.

Comment

I'm a fan of KT as well, but I really hate the way this guy writes.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
          I'm a fan of KT as well, but I really hate the way this guy writes.
          Hi NachoMan,

Thanks for the comments; I welcome all, whether theyre thoughful or not. I'm interested to see you post up on the board your comments on how you would have introduced a 2 - 3 (or more) part story on such a guy that has already had a truck load of press written about him.
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Hey Betterthansugar,

I agree on those points, and it really hits hom precisely how much every fighter is managed. but then you cant tap out of a boxing contest like other combat sports. That said, if you look at the Phillips (and all KT) fights, the guy leaves it all in the ring or his opponents get KO'd. The VP V KT fight was an extremely gruelling affair with lots of power punches thrown - I believe, had Tszyu not been so gung ho for a war, and had he not been cleverly dragged into a KO war with VP, he could have won that fight on speed and skills.

But thats another could have which didnt happen.

Take care dude.

Brad.

Comment

without even mentioning what kostya was going through at the time..

really looking forward to the next part

Comment

In the lead up to Kostya v Hatton i met him and discussed future opponents and we had a great chat, we both agreed that PBF (Mayweather) should be next. As we all know what happened, i felt so bad for talking about his next oppenent he never got to face! I still believe Kostya was the only boxer in the early 2000's that could beat Mayweather.
                Sorry Kostya.

Comment

Working...
                X