No announcement yet.

Juan Diaz signs with Golden Boy Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Diaz signs with Golden Boy Promotions

LOS ANGELES, March 25 – Truly one of boxing’s young superstars, former world lightweight champion Juan Diaz (33-1, 17 KO's) has thrilled fight fans for years with his aggressive style and willingness to take on all challengers. Now, as Diaz gears up for his second run at a world title, he has enlisted Golden Boy Promotions to lead him to the biggest fights possible in the coming years.

“I’m excited to be on the Golden Boy Promotions roster and I can’t wait to get back in the ring with Oscar and his team behind me,” said the 24-year-old “Baby Bull”. [details]

If he would have stuck by his word back in 2006, who knows where his career would be right now.

Comment

and so it begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
        If he would have stuck by his word back in 2006, who knows where his career would be right now.
        What did he say in 2006?

Comment

Im pretty sure this means a Juan Diaz/ Joel Casamayor fight later this year.

Comment

about time! thank god he joined GBP and not Top Rank, Arum would make him wait half a year to get him a new fight, that old bastard...

Comment

i kinda knew this was going to happen,
              i guess it will be casamayor vs diaz

Comment

Best move for Juan, I'm glad he's still going to fight, I thought he'd have persued school full time. He'll make nice money with GBP, and perhaps after/if he fights Casa, he'll get a shot at Pac-Man once he's done with David Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
                  about time! thank god he joined GBP and not Top Rank, Arum would make him wait half a year to get him a new fight, that old bastard...
                  Actually, Top Rank is much better at promoting and building their Mexican talent. They don't wait for HBO or Showtime, they put on their own ppv shows to give their fighters exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
                    What are you cheering about?? You do know that if Casamayor fights Diaz instead of Marquez this year then Marquez is never getting his rematch with Pacquiao right? Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X