No announcement yet.

Hatton Signs With Golden Boy Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton Signs With Golden Boy Promotions

(LOS ANGELES – March 7, 2008) – Over the course of his storied 10-year career, Ricky Hatton has achieved the rarest of feats – becoming a legitimate star on both sides of the Atlantic. Now, as he continues on his quest to be boxing’s best pound for pound fighter, “The Hitman” has aligned himself with Golden Boy Promotions.

[details]

Fight Junior Witter or emigrate to America.

Comment

You know what that means right? Hatton on Telefutura!!!!

Comment

hopefully they make him fight witter

Comment

Yea fight Witter, do what Floyd ain't done and Fight a mandatory.
          He deserves this tune up, why are people getting on his ****ing back ?

Comment

Seems like DLH is not as smart as ya think. There is no way I would've purchased Hatton after the way he lost to MM. I would've signed him right after he beat Zyu. He is wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbichogrande View Post
              Seems like DLH is not as smart as ya think. There is no way I would've purchased Hatton after the way he lost to MM. I would've signed him right after he beat Zyu. He is wasted.

it makes perfect sense to sign him after the loss.

he became a celebrity in the lead up to the fight, even Americans loved him after 24/7.

gbp will just try and rinse some cash out of him, the signing clearly isn't out of any major respect for what he does in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Broffy View Post
                Yea fight Witter, do what Floyd ain't done and Fight a mandatory.
                He deserves this tune up, why are people getting on his ****ing back ?
                Witter isn't a mandatory, and even if he was a mandatory for the Ring belt, Hatton fought the number one contender in his second to last fight. That's right, the Ring had Castillo at number one.

Comment

by signing with gbp, a fight with pacquiao or delahoya himself is not a remote possibility for ricky but a fight with witter... the original "hitman", tommy hearns, never chickens out with fighting the greatest in his era; hagler, leonard, duran, pepino cuevas, juan domingo roldan, iran barkley, benitez, etc.. but the pretender to the throne, ricky hatton is afraid to fight junior witter. unless hatton fight witter, i will call him with this new monicker: ricky "the chicken" hatton.

Comment

Hattons a complete joke but for one dont find him remotely funny.
                    My love for boxing is second to none I watch it all and have for around forty years in all this time I have never seen a boxer so blantantly aviod a fighter as Hatton has Witter whilse at the same time keep winding on about how his greatest attribute is that he will fight anyone... in Ricky Hattons own words "change the record"..... for me a total boycott of Ricky Hatton "FIGHTS"

Comment

Working...
                    X