No announcement yet.

Allan Green Challenged By Tough Antwun Echols

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allan Green Challenged By Tough Antwun Echols

The plot has thickened now that former world title challenger Antwun Echols is in and Samuel Miller is officially out as super middleweight contender Allan "Sweetness" Green's opponent on Friday, February 29.
    [details]

I didn't even know Echols was still fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by silencers98 View Post
      I didn't even know Echols was still fighting.
      lol, i know, wtf he must be really shot, he's done i bet allan is gonna take the challenge

Comment

About 7 years ago, this would have been a FOTY candidate. Now, this is a joke of a travesty. That Allan Green is being allowed to fight Echols is to the eternal discredit of the commission. Echols is the classic case of a fighter who had been in too many tough fights and it's beginning to show.

Who here remembers the moribund look in Echols' eyes during the pre-fight interviews for his fight with Ikeke? He looked like a zombie and was barely audible. On top of that, Echols has issues with crack cocaine.

If Green is to be taken seriously as a contender, he needs to step it up. I think highly of Green, but if he takes this fight, I'd have to reassess that.

Comment

Damn, Allan Green is a bum. I find it hard to believe there isnt a young up can coming fighter who he can face that isnt just there for a paycheck.. but to fight.

Antwun age 36.. lost 3 of his last 7 and drew 2 times! Only 2 wins in his last 7. Music to Green's managements ears. Hell why not a Darrel Woods rematch.

Comment

When Echolls fought in Australia we thought he was a big hitter. He wasn't.

Comment

Isn't that the kid who gave Hopkins his toughest fights? Only to be brutalized by Charles Brewer, in which Brewer was clearly robbed by the ref?

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Sneakers View Post
                Isn't that the kid who gave Hopkins his toughest fights? Only to be brutalized by Charles Brewer, in which Brewer was clearly robbed by the ref?
                yup..... same guy

Comment

Working...
                X