No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor: "This Time I'll Finish Pavlik"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermain Taylor: "This Time I'll Finish Pavlik"

Quotes by Jermain Taylor from the recent LA press conference for his rematch with middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik on February 16. [details]

I will be rooting for Jerman, but this is no easy fight. If Jermain uses his jab and boxing skills more I can see him beating Pavlik by UD or late stoppage.

Comment

The black community where I live is mocking taylor, though I still like taylor. Because alot of black ppl believe he lost to winky and still hold grudges against taylor, I do not know why because I thought that a draw was not far-fetch in that fight and ppl need to lighten up.

Comment

yo, as a taylor fan...im tired of the "im in shape now" line

what about strategy and defense?? thats what i want to hear

i want to see his left hand up in photos instead of pictures of him hitting tires

i want to hear about sticking to a gameplan instead of "i almost had him out in the 2nd round"

i really hope thats what theyve been working on in training camp behind close doors...developing a strategy to defeat pavlik...not just running five miles and dancing for 18 rounds and calling it a "good training" camp

Comment

Didn't pavlik stick his tongue out in the second round and thats the real reason he was caught and dropped? Thats what someone told me... So yeah, taylor needs a better gameplan. I'm still predicting pavlik to win though even though I want taylor to win.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingknight View Post
            Didn't pavlik stick his tongue out in the second round and thats the real reason he was caught and dropped? Thats what someone told me... So yeah, taylor needs a better gameplan. I'm still predicting pavlik to win though even though I want taylor to win.
            No he just stood there with his chin out and his arms down for about 3 seconds to say that he wasn't hurt.

Comment

i hope taylor pulls it off

Comment

Originally posted by _Ricky_ View Post
                No he just stood there with his chin out and his arms down for about 3 seconds to say that he wasn't hurt.
                well either way, i doubt pavlik will do something ****** like that again. Taylor probably can only win by ud, but most likely will be ko'd by pavlik

Comment

He took Pavlik for granted first time around. WHy? JT isnt so great that he can afford taking people lightly. The warning sign were already there in his previoius fights that he needed to raise his game.

Comment

I like Pavlik a lot, but I do think this will be a tough fight if Taylor fights smart. We will see...

Comment

Working...
                    X