No announcement yet.

Is Cotto Mayweather’s “Manos De Piedra?”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Cotto Mayweather’s “Manos De Piedra?”

Recently I viewed an ESPN boxing special on Burt Randolph Sugar’s selections for the top ten Heavyweight Champions of all time. The panel chosen to discuss the selections was composed of Sugar, Teddy Atlas, Larry Holmes and ESPN host Brian Kenny. Sugar had placed the Easton Assassin, Larry Holmes, at number ten, a selection that predictably offended the great former WBC titleholder. [details]

mmmmm very interesting.

Comment

great article which speaks ALOT of truth, especially this one...

Neither Oscar nor the Briton was perceived as a dire threat to Mayweather’s supremacy.
      which the Floyd stans will argue till death.

Comment

quite interesting but where's mike mccallum, don curry or tommy hearns.......? or does sugar knew them?

Comment

Interesting comparisons, but I doubt Mayweather would make the mistake that Leonard did to slug it out with Duran.

Comment

I don't think Cotto is anybodies anything, I think he will beat Mayweather in a way that Duran couldn't beat Leonard and whoever else that couldn't beat whoever else, Cotto is a monster when those gloves are on his fists and even though you might compare and contrast I seriously don't think that you can compare the outcome of a fight that happened 15+ years ago to one of Cotto's, I know what they meant due to the similarities in fighters but Cotto is a unique fighter and if he beats Floyd, IF they ever even get to fight then I think it will be nothing like Duran-Leonard or any other fight you could compare.. is there a good comparison with Floyd and Duran, yes, will Floyd-Cotto gives shades of Leonard-Duran, no.. not to sound cheesy cuz that ain't the case but I just don't think so.

Comment

The thing is wasnt Ricky Hatton supposed to be his "Duran", maybe its just possible theres no one as good as him to push him, same with Holmes. I mean what if he knocks out Cotto while dominating him, whos his next "Duran", its a no win situation. Pretty much people are saying he isnt great because he hasnt lost which makes no sense.

Comment

this article feels like it was lifted with quotes straight from this board. i think im really starting to notice the difference between legit journalism and **** from the internet. basically, every year there is a new boogie man for this guy and the result is the same, its obvious dude does things his way and how he wants to do it, so why bother trying to make ANOTHER "duran" comparison with ANOTHER fighter? this whole thing is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post

every boxing site and forum was saying mayweather could lose to both these guys. until he defeated them, they were live underdogs. im a cotto fan but he will lose just like hatton and oscar. burt sugar also said judah was going to defeat floyd and we all saw the outcome of that fight also

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post

Horus and Topdawg are gonna have a ***** fit when the read this.

Comment

Working...
                    X