No announcement yet.

Kitschko-Ibragimov and The Heavyweight State

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitschko-Ibragimov and The Heavyweight State

By John Hively - Hopefully, the clash between Wladimir Klitschko and Sultan Ibragimov on February 23 will be the beginning of a series of unification fights to determine the real heavyweight champion. Today’s heavyweights are deep and talented, but Klitschko is the division’s hottest fighter and the likely favorite to win such a series. [details]

wlad has all the advantage except quickness. he will use his jab to keep sultan at bay and deliver that crushing right to the head or body. if sultan gets hit with that right, the fight is over. but the question is, will he find his target? sultan is such a slick fighter. i guess wlad would have some trouble disposing sultan. its either KO or UD for wlad.

Comment

Does anyone think that Ibragamov or his belt really is of any consequence? Wlad is basically only regaining the lineage from his loss to Brewster, nothing to do with the actual world title which will be on the line in the peter/maskaev vs. vitali fight, due to the fact that vitali was the recognised, WBC and ring world champ when he retired. Wlad hasnt done anything to claim greater as yet. His IBF belt was meaningless when Byrd held it due to it being a vacant paper title he got while the real champ Lewis was around.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
        Does anyone think that Ibragamov or his belt really is of any consequence? Wlad is basically only regaining the lineage from his loss to Brewster, nothing to do with the actual world title which will be on the line in the peter/maskaev vs. vitali fight, due to the fact that vitali was the recognised, WBC and ring world champ when he retired. Wlad hasnt done anything to claim greater as yet. His IBF belt was meaningless when Byrd held it due to it being a vacant paper title he got while the real champ Lewis was around.
        Where the **** have you been? Maskaev's is not "the actual world title." The WBC belt was twice vacated since it meant something, Even the WBO belt at the moments rates above the WBC.

Comment

What a great article! Hively is right on, with his analysis of the hw division except his high ranking of Shannon Briggs. However, with all "this depth" in the division, fans should expect some really entertaining and competitive fights like the ww's did in 2007. And from what I remember, 2007 didn't give us too many memorable hw fights. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I think that we'll see some memorable and exciting battles in 2008...

Comment

At last someone stands up and Tells the world what I have known for a long time..

The Heavy Weight division is TOO deep.. This creates parity.. which people confuse as weakness...

I love that this guy was able to use what I have been dying to find.. PAST rankings to show just how "deep" these other Eras were..

The only thing missing from the Heavies today.. Is a Crop of dominant Americans.. Alot of people will never say this is the reason.. But it's funny That most of the critics are Americans.. Where there is smoke there is fire, so they say..

Good article..

Comment

It's all about nostalgia. Great article.

Comment

Excellent Article!

Good to read an article from someone who really understands the heavyweight division.

Comment

HW divison rocks your socks off! I like it!

Comment

This is a good article, someone finally makes an educated comparison with the 80's and shows that the world's HW division is not bad at all, it's the American HW division that's shallow on talent. I would like to see how people who say that HW division is poor will prove it now.

Comment

Working...
                    X