No announcement yet.

Zahir Raheem: Back From The Shadows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zahir Raheem: Back From The Shadows

TULSA, OK – Rarely do you hear of a fighter being punished for a big victory, however it seems that is exactly what happened to lightweight contender Zahir Raheem, who after defeating future Hall of Famer Erik Morales, saw his career be put on hold by his promoter Top Rank. [details]

I will pay NOT to watch this guy fight. He's awful. Hit and hold, hit and hold.
    Of course he doesn't have any fans.
    He's the smaller version of John Ruiz.

And the said part of it is that he does have some skills and speed, he just holds way too much.

JReckoning

Comment

To be honest, I think people are hating a lot on his Freitas fight. Yet I never remember him doing much hit and holding in his past fights. His Morales fight was a sweet fight to watch that showed him more of a puncher - boxer. I think he was doing a lot of hitting and holding against Freitas since Freitas hits hard, he either knew that or felt the power which caused him to constantly do that. I hope he does good things in his upcoming fights because he's not as bad as people make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        To be honest, I think people are hating a lot on his Freitas fight. Yet I never remember him doing much hit and holding in his past fights. His Morales fight was a sweet fight to watch that showed him more of a puncher - boxer. I think he was doing a lot of hitting and holding against Freitas since Freitas hits hard, he either knew that or felt the power which caused him to constantly do that. I hope he does good things in his upcoming fights because he's not as bad as people make him out to be.
        His fight on ESPN last year was excruciating. I'm not looking forward to watching his style of fighting again.

Comment

He beat Freitas imo, but he did it in such a boring and sloppy fashion, it was like he didnt deserve it.

Comment

nice... but allan greens fighting 2 =)

Comment

he can stay in the shadows as far as i'm concerned, it wouldn't bother me if he never fought again, the guy style is annoying as a itchy ass that you can't scratch. it's painfully brutal to watch.

his juarez fight was so so, still it wasn't a clear cut performance, still not decisive, and his fight with morales was a bad style match up for morales but you would think that he would've tried to duplicate that win in his following bouts. it seemed more along the lines of raheem blowing his wad in that fight, because he's been gun shy and **** since.

keep him off the air until he can actually give a tv worthy performance. i would seriously be surprised if a network considered to put him back on the air, i think i remember espn saying that they wouldn't, can't blame them.

Comment

Zahir Raheem is only exciting when he actually lets his hands go in fast combinations. Unfortunately in his fight with Freitas he did not do that.

Now to something more intriguing. If Allan Green beats Rubin Williams that is in shape and ready, I will no doubt be a Allan Green fan. I'm sorry but I believe we are going to witness the end of Allan Green's career. Rubin is UNderrated and UNderestimated. When he fought Jeff Lacy, he was winning the fight until he got too brave for his own good and decided to do the Muhammad Ali "Rope a'Dope" and got punished against the ropes in round 6. Had that not been the case it would have been Rubin fighting Joe Calzaghe and not Jeff Lacy. This fight ends in 4, Rubin "Hollywood" Williams, KO Allan Green. It was nice knowing OF you Allan, so long and good luck with your post career.
                Last edited by internetworld7; 01-01-2008, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Rahim had his chances & he didnt do ****. PERIOD

Comment

Working...
                  X