No announcement yet.

Edwin Valero Cracks Mismatched Zavaleta in Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwin Valero Cracks Mismatched Zavaleta in Three

By Sammy Rozenberg - It was mismatch city at the Plaza de Toros in Cancun, Mexico. WBA super featherweight champion Edwin Valero (23-0, 23KOs) crushed overmatched Zaid Zavaleta (15-3-3, 11KOs) in three rounds of pain and punishment.

Many predicted a mismatch. Many were right. Zavaleta was no match for the much stronger, aggressive style of Valero. The Venezuelan puncher knocked Zavaleta down in the first, and would have finished him if the knockdown had come 20-seconds earlier. The beating continued for two more rounds until the referee had seen enough and stopped the action. Even Valero seemed bored with using Zavaleta as a punching bag.

Where does Valero go from here? At the moment, not the United States.

Valero's biggest obstacles in the sport are not A-level fighters. He's got bigger problems, like passing a medical examination to satisfy the American based athletic commissions. A passing exam will automatically open the door for big money fights against Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez and several others. [details]

Just when you do not have anything to say/comment/reply a simple click on the ads will do. It will help our beloved boxingscene.com getting on.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Is Zavaleta a boxer? I watch the fight and it seems he don't know how to play boxing.. Why the **** is he picking potato trash cans.. There are so many great boxers to be offered to him and he picks tomato tricycle drivers trash fighters out there,

Comment

Originally posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
        Is Zavaleta a boxer? I watch the fight and it seems he don't know how to play boxing.. Why the **** is he picking potato trash cans.. There are so many great boxers to be offered to him and he picks tomato tricycle drivers trash fighters out there,
        Valero needs to step up, that's for sure. I'm wondering what happens if the WBA mandatory happens to be in the US and doesnt want to fight in Japan and Valero cant fight in the US. Maybe a neutral UK venue.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Valero needs to step up, that's for sure. I'm wondering what happens if the WBA mandatory happens to be in the US and doesnt want to fight in Japan and Valero cant fight in the US. Maybe a neutral UK venue.
          It's a shame he cant fight in the US.

You think the US commissions would ever overule the fact that he cant fight down there?

Comment

Edwin Valero (23-0, 23KOs)

Thats impressive but Valero needs a step up in competition now. He wont be knocking out everybody in his path when he's up against the big boys of the division.

Comment

Marquez can fight him in Mexico, Pacquiao in the Phillipines. Guzman can fight him in Venezula or the Dominican Republic. Listen the top American is possibly Monta Meza-Clay. Really, why does Valero need to fight in the U.S.? I'm American, and I know that not all the money is here, neither are the big fights; nor should they be. Valero can make big fights in other countries against marquee fighters. It would be nice to be ringside for one of his bouts, but it seems I will need to grab a passport.

Comment

Working...
              X