No announcement yet.

Arthur Abraham Wants Pavlik-Taylor Winner Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Abraham Wants Pavlik-Taylor Winner Next

IBF middleweight champion King Arthur Abraham (24-0, 19 KOs) has firmly set his sights on a unification showdown with either Jermain Taylor or Kelly Pavlik. The undefeated 27-year-old, who takes on Britain´s Wayne Elcock in Switzerland on Saturday night, has big plans for 2008. "We will stage his next mandatory title defence in Europe in spring and then eye a unification fight in the USA against the winner of the meeting between Pavlik and Taylor," manager Wilfried Sauerland revealed at today´s press conference in Basle. [details]

Rematch Miranda!

Comment

abraham would lose to both IMO...Pavlik is just too active for him and has a good beard...taylor is much more explosive than miranda and is a hard puncher himself and the fight would take place at 168..

Comment

Elcock is gonna knock him out..............

most likely not though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          abraham would lose to both IMO...Pavlik is just too active for him and has a good beard...taylor is much more explosive than miranda and is a hard puncher himself and the fight would take place at 168..
          Abraham is not fighting at 168. The whole point is to unify 160. I like Abraham's chances against Pavlik. Abraham is the one guy who can take Pavlik's punch, if anyone can, and he can get inside and land those explosive little hooks. I'd bet on Abraham actually.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
            Abraham is not fighting at 168. The whole point is to unify 160. I like Abraham's chances against Pavlik. Abraham is the one guy who can take Pavlik's punch, if anyone can, and he can get inside and land those explosive little hooks. I'd bet on Abraham actually.
            but abraham just likes to explode here and there and steal the rounds, the rest of the time he is just circling and covering up...kelly would outwork him because arthur is very defensive minded and doesnt have a jab to keep him at bay or counter him...he has a punchers chance with those explosive monster hooks he throws, though....

Comment

bring king arthur on. he barely beat a primitive miranda, and only did because miranda had points taken! kelly will eat him 4 breakfast! i love the underrating of pavlik. keep it up, as he will prove u wrong again!

Comment

Actually before Arthur's jaw got broken, h ewas handling Miranda very well and he is not a fast starter anyway. I'll favour Pavlik too but Arthur is a live dog against anybody at 160. I mean fighting with a severly broken jaw for 7 rounds against an animal who hits low, headbuts and is as wild as a gorilla. That in itself is an amazing accomplishment.

Comment

Abraham is so underrated. With Spinks he is the only man who could defeat Pavlik.

Comment

Taylor and Pavlik could/would both beat him, Abraham has never fought a puncher as big as Pavlik, nor a fighter as consistent. Abraham is very stationary and tries to block most punches and let boxers run out of gas before he explodes on them. Pavlik doesn't run out of gas and has an amazing chin himself. TKO 9-11 for Pavlik

Taylor would use his speed and height advantage. Abraham fights a lot like Winky Wright, except he doesn't counter immediately after he blocks and relies on his power more. He doesn't pressure you much, he likes to get pressured and use that against you. Taylor's jab has pierced through the most solid defenses and I don't think Abraham is an exception. UD for Taylor

Comment

Working...
                    X