No announcement yet.

Still Great Hopkins Could Derail Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Great Hopkins Could Derail Calzaghe

He is a greater fighter at age 42, than the immortal Sugar Ray Robinson or the ancient ‘Old Mongoose, Archie Moore, when they reached their early forties in their respective eras. Having been defeated a mere four times in 18 years, with a superlative reign spanning 20 successful championship defenses, the resilient and still championship caliber Bernard Hopkins is a dangerous bout for WBC/WBA/WBO Super Middleweight titleholder Joe Calzaghe. [details]

Calzaghe will outwork,outbox and embarass Hopkins, I'm not surprised Hopkins is ducking him again.

Comment

If this fight happens...

ALL my points on B-Hop. Who wants it?

Comment

i doubt old hop's boxing intelligence can shut down calz's fast hands and 1000 punches thrown in a fight, he's never fought anybody like calzaghe before

Comment

Originally posted by BHopEx42 View Post
          If this fight happens...

ALL my points on B-Hop. Who wants it?
          HAHA, I'm down for that, MONEY IN THE BANK.

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD OWNS View Post
            HAHA, I'm down for that, MONEY IN THE BANK.
            That's what Taylor said at first about fighting Pavlik...

Comment

It'll be a sad day in boxing when a 36-year-old against a 43-year-old is considered a 'super-fight'

Comment

^^ It's all about status my man, build-up. They both had 20+ title defenses in their weight classes, both old fighters STILL in the Top 10 P4P, both have called each other out, both are looking to retire soon, the whole shi tabout the possibly fight back in 2002, ALL that **** makes it a so-called "super fight".

Golden Boy would hype the **** out of this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Sneakers View Post
                  It'll be a sad day in boxing when a 36-year-old against a 43-year-old is considered a 'super-fight'
                  calzaghe isn't 36 yet, when he fought kessler the tale of the tape said he's 35

Comment

He's 36 in Feb, Hopkins is 43 in Jan

When they fight, they'll be nearly 37 and 44

It's a joke, and would be a messy, horrible infight with lots of grabbing (and cuffing on Calzaghe's part)

Calzaghe is clearly not the fighter who fought Brewer, Mitchell and Lacy and Hopkins is clearly not the fighter who fought Trinidad and Joppy, anymore
                    Last edited by Orange Sneakers; 11-28-2007, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X