No announcement yet.

Cotto Wins a Classic, Casamayor Stinks it Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto Wins a Classic, Casamayor Stinks it Up

By Bill Calogero - In yet another exceptionally entertaining fight, Miguel Cotto retains his WBA Welterweight Title with a unanimous 12-round decision over “Sugar” Shane Mosley on Saturday night in front of a jacked-up crowd from Madison Square Garden in New York City. The show was co-promoted by Top Rank, Inc. and Golden Boy Promotions and was broadcast live on HBO PPV. [details]

great fight.

the old mother****er of hopkins talking that bull**** that history repeats himself when that ***** knows it would of been another story if tito would of prepare and it would of ended up like yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by NAPO View Post
      great fight.

the old mother****er of hopkins talking that bull**** that history repeats himself when that ***** knows it would of been another story if tito would of prepare and it would of ended up like yesterday.
      DON'T WORRY HOPKINS IS ALL READY LOOKING LIKE JERSEY JOE WALCOTT

Comment

Cotto won!. How can you give the final two rounds to mosley? round 11 was one of the easy rounds to score.
        round 12, neither mosley or cotto did anything, but cotto landed a couple of clean punches. Who ever said mosley won was watching something else.
        Last edited by boricuapa16; 11-11-2007, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I don't know if I would call it a classic, but it was an exciting fight for 11 rounds. The early part of the fight was just about as brutal as anything I have seen since Castillo/Corrales.

Both guys came to win. I wish I got to catch the Casa fight (even though it was a terrible fight by all accounts). The end of his career seems near.

Comment

Have sleep and thought about the fight, it was a fair fight, but the 12 round left me thinking wtf are they doing? But overall it was a good fight, i don't know about great. Mosley made it exciting once he starting fighting, but the 12 round disapointed big time, Mosley known for his 12 rounds didn't do nothing and neither did Cotto but Mosley was the one walking down Cotto so i could see Mosley getting that round. I think if they would have exchanged punchs the feeling of this fight would be "what a great fight" but that 12 round was wack. And they had one too many feel out rounds, i wouldn't say great, but good fight. Too many one punch at a time ****.

Imagine this Santa Cruz, The Ring, Champion.....

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
              Have sleep and thought about the fight, it was a fair fight, but the 12 round left me thinking wtf are they doing? But overall it was a good fight, i don't know about great. Mosley made it exciting once he starting fighting, but the 12 round disapointed big time, Mosley known for his 12 rounds didn't do nothing and neither did Cotto but Mosley was the one walking down Cotto so i could see Mosley getting that round. I think if they would have exchanged punchs the feeling of this fight would be "what a great fight" but that 12 round was wack. And they had one too many feel out rounds, i wouldn't say great, but good fight. Too many one punch at a time ****.

Imagine this Santa Cruz, The Ring, Champion.....
              You called the Santa Cruz "should be" win didn't you? Nice call...

I didn't get to catch that fight but it sounds like JASC out fought Casa BIG TIME!

Comment

Agree with a lot of you about the 12th round. I understand that they're both tired and winded but if this is for everything, I don't understand how two great boxers wouldn't go all out and or atleast one of the two and try to win this round. Especially since it becomes the difference from a loss to a draw or possible win.

Comment

Oh and once again my apologies for Santa Cruz and all his fans. He straight got cheated out of a title last night.

Comment

ohh yeah i love casamayor but he lost yesterday big time.

Comment

Working...
                    X