No announcement yet.

Sauerland Wins Bid For Valuev-Liakhovich

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauerland Wins Bid For Valuev-Liakhovich

Sauerland Event today won the purse bid for the WBA heavyweight eliminator between former champion Nikolai Valuev and Sergey Liakhovich. Sauerland´s winning bid was $670.000, with Don King Productions offering $650.000. "We are very happy to have won the bid," Sauerland managing director Chris Meyer said. "The fight will probably take place in three months and is likely to be staged in Germany." [details]

should be a good fight. Im thinking Lyko will win by decision or late round tko. I hope this gets televised, I think shobox will pick this fight up

Comment

IDK Leo, this fight has all the characteristics to be a 'borefest.' However, if Liak fights like he did in the Brewster fight things could get very interesting. I doubt if this gets picked up by one of the major fight networks though...

Comment

Yup, the outcome and the fight itself totally depends on Lyakhovich. "Brewster" Lyakhovich makes it an exciting fight and probably wins it by UD. "Briggs" Lyakhovich makes it as boring as they come and probably loses. I doubt Valuev will show anything new and exciting at this point, so it's all up to the "White Wolf".

Comment

Sauerland Event Tops DKP bid for WBA purse on Valuev Liakhovich

Valuev-Liakhovich in Germany?

Sauerland Event wins WBA purse bid
          Sauerland Event today won the purse bid for the WBA heavyweight eliminator between former champion Nikolai Valuev and Sergey Liakhovich. Sauerland´s winning bid was $670.000, with Don King Productions offering $650.000. "We are very happy to have won the bid," Sauerland managing director Chris Meyer said. "The fight will probably take place in three months and is likely to be staged in Germany." Valuev (47-1, 34 KOs) suffered the first loss of his career in April when Ruslan Chagaev clinched a close majority decision in Stuttgart. The 34-year-old bounced back with a clear points victory over Jean-Francois Bergeron five months later. He can´t wait to get back in the ring with Chagaev to erase the darkest hour of his career. "I want to win my title back," Valuev said. "But I have to defeat Liakhovich first. I have met him once in Los Angeles prior to my fight in Chicago. He is technically very strong. It will be a hard fight but I will win." Valuev is likely to stage his training camp in Japan where his new coach Alexander Zimin has spent many successful years. As always, Valuev is then expected to travel to Berlin for the final tune-up some six weeks before the showdown.

Comment

Duplicate thread, duplicate thread!!!.....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              IDK Leo, this fight has all the characteristics to be a 'borefest.' However, if Liak fights like he did in the Brewster fight things could get very interesting. I doubt if this gets picked up by one of the major fight networks though...
              I tink it will be an interesting fight. Lykos fight with Briggs was pretty boring then in the ending rounds it became exciting. Since the fight is in Germany I doubt shobox will pci kit up, might be a ppv or something

Comment

There will probably be a stream on that Russian website that usually does the Valuev fights...

Comment

No way this is an interestin fight. Only Valuev fight that was worth watching was against McCline cuz McCline was hittin him hard. Anyway I'm praying to god that Valuev loses cuz the man is so boring to watch.

Comment

Working...
                  X