No announcement yet.

Calzaghe's Speed & Experience Nullifies Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe's Speed & Experience Nullifies Kessler

By Sammy Rozenberg - More than 50,000 boxing fans packed the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales to watch Joe Calzaghe (44-0, 32 KOs) win a masterful unanimous decision over Mikkel Kessler (39-1, 29 KOs) to unify the WBO, WBA and WBC super middleweight titles.

The fight lived up to the hype with a battle of speed and experience against power and youth. The fight began with a tight battle, both fighters carefully picking their spots to gain an advantage. In the third round, Calzaghe's boxing skills began to take over as he stuck his jab and worked Kessler's body as he began to pressure the pressure fighter. Kessler knew he was in for a big fight when he landed a vicious uppercut in the fourth round and Calzaghe kept moving forward and punching.

Kessler was unable to get past Calzaghe's jab, and could not get off with his counters. In the eight-round, Kessler was hurt bad by a bodyshot. As Calzaghe began to jump in for the finish, the referee Michael Ortega broke them apart and warned Calzaghe for a punch to the back of the head, giving Kessler a chance to recover.

Between the ninth and tenth rounds, Kessler's corner told him to go for a knockout. Calzaghe stood his ground and fought Kessler at close range, toe-to-toe, and gave a lot more than he took. Kessler’s left eye began to baldy swell and his nose was consistently bleeding as he tried in vain to catch up to his quicker opponent. [details]

Joe Calzaghe won the fight, no doubts. Cotto vs Mosley is next!!!

Comment

lolz I can't wait for those who doubted Joe to back up on their words and act like they never did so I can laugh at them.. Joe did EXACTLY as I predicted, he once again made me look like I know what I'm talking about.. ****in A

Comment

I don't care about the hate ppl had for Calzaghe. I'm just glad he proved himself again. The haters will always be proved wrong against Calzaghe. He is ridiculously that good.

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
          lolz I can't wait for those who doubted Joe to back up on their words and act like they never did so I can laugh at them.. Joe did EXACTLY as I predicted, he once again made me look like I know what I'm talking about.. ****in A
          I,ll back up my words ,, great win by Joe and a great chin I thought Kessler was going to KO him before the fight , during the fight and right up to the last second Kessler was dangerous ,, this was a classy performance and a smart fight but Kessler was in the fight all the way , I bet many Cal fans were ****ting bricks at times in this fight , I was never concerned about Kessler getting stopped even though I knew Joe was getting the later rounds of his jab and Kessler needed a KO to win , it was a very good fight and Im not worried Kessler lost in the least he fought a great fight did his best and came up short , the people that were saying this will be Lacy all over again are the ****s here , Joe was pushed tonight ,,,but man he has got a good chin how that uppercut in the 4th didnt drop him I dont know , great chin .

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy Rozenberg View Post
            Calzaghe's Speed & Experience Nullifies Kessler

By Sammy Rozenberg - More than 50,000 boxing fans packed the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales to watch Joe Calzaghe (44-0, 32 KOs) win a masterful unanimous decision over Mikkel Kessler (39-1, 29 KOs) to unify the WBO, WBA and WBC super middleweight titles.

Speed & Experience?

Dumb ass How about mentioning his SKILLS??
            Or even giving credit to his CHIN and amazing STAMINA.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I like and very much appreciate Mikkel Kessler as a fighter, he shows great heart at all times and he was 100% game for this fight with Joe, I gave him his respect and didn't just count him out but Joe did exactly what my prediction was and that was win a decision, I didn't call wether Split or Unanimous but I called a good and unarguable decision so to see the way the fight ended pleased me, they both can walk away with their heads held up high.. I just said what I said above because there were a lot of people hating on Joe and now that he won I bet you only those who picked him to win will show face, very few like homie above will come and admit they were wrong which I respect by the way.. 100

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
                Don't get me wrong I like and very much appreciate Mikkel Kessler as a fighter, he shows great heart at all times and he was 100% game for this fight with Joe, I gave him his respect and didn't just count him out but Joe did exactly what my prediction was and that was win a decision, I didn't call wether Split or Unanimous but I called a good and unarguable decision so to see the way the fight ended pleased me, they both can walk away with their heads held up high.. I just said what I said above because there were a lot of people hating on Joe and now that he won I bet you only those who picked him to win will show face, very few like homie above will come and admit they were wrong which I respect by the way.. 100
                Dude I said the fight would be "suprisingly easy" and even until the 6th round. If anyone deserves credit...

it's me.

Comment

calzaghe is the new mayweather good boxer with no power cept everyone loves calzaghe cause hes british and clinches

Comment

Originally posted by !! Mr. Soprano View Post
                    Speed & Experience?

Dumb ass How about mentioning his SKILLS??
                    Or even giving credit to his CHIN and amazing STAMINA.
                    If you bothered to READ the article, then you would see plenty of mentions about Calzaghe's chin and how he handled Kessler. Calzaghe's STAMINA has never been in doubt, at least not by anyone who knows anything about the number of punches Calzaghe throws. I'm not sure how Calzaghe's chin was in question either, he's been down twice, minor knockdowns and never hurt bad in a single fight.

In the end, Kessler was TOO SLOW and Calzaghe had TOO MUCH EXPERIENCE for Kessler to overcome. The entire storyline was an older, more experienced fighter who was faster vs. a younger, power punching, aggressive fighter fighter.

Kessler said for weeks that his youth, power and pure aggression would win him the fight and Calzaghe's experience and speed advantages was a non-factor. Calzaghe's quickers hands and experience nullified all of Kessler's advantages, hence the title.

Comment

Working...
                    X