No announcement yet.

Arthur Abraham To Defend Against Elcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Abraham To Defend Against Elcock

Undefeated IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham (24-0, 19 KOs) will return on December 8 when he takes on Britain´s Wayne Elcock (18-2, 8 KOs) in Basle. "I am looking forward to my first fight in Switzerland," King Arthur said. "It will be a hard fight against a strong opponent. Elcock last defeated a strong Howard Eastman so there is absolutely no reason to underestimate him." [details]

IBF middleweight champ Arthur Abraham will defend his paper title against undeserving Wayne Elcock.

A. Abraham should step up and fight some of the elite fighters in or around his division.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-25-2007, 09:25 AM.

Got the same opinion and he is letting his fans down and is fighting in Swiss...

Comment

He needs to rematch Miranda sometime in 2008 and prove that win wasn't a 'farse.'

Comment

lol good for him . arthur abraham is the definition of : Fighting the least deserving and easiest opponent for the most money.

Comment

when he steps up he loses .... edison ... , and i would say eastman beat him too

Comment

I think Abraham boxing career is over he just want to finish it with couple of title defense. His jaws is abit lanky.

Comment

lolz I don't believe this ****.. this guy is an undefeated champion in the Middleweight division with a 24-0-0, 19 KO record and has beaten the likes of Kofi Jantuah, Howard Eastman, Edison Miranda, Kingsley Ikeke and Shannon Taylor and this is only the known names because he got a win against an undefeated guy who didn't get to build his name but had a good record. I ask how the **** is a man in his clear prime who beat so many experienced vets, just as many as Pavlik, how can he be considered as a paper champion, I know sometimes people gain a title off of a casualty but how is Abraham just some chump to you guys? he fought good and hard to beat guys and is clearly at the best he's ever really going to be.. step up? he already did that and passed with flying colors, I'm seriously confused yo why the hate? he's already a champion.. 100

Comment

Arthur Abraham To Defend Against Elcock

Undefeated IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham (24-0, 19 KOs) will return on December 8 when he takes on Britain´s Wayne Elcock (18-2, 8 KOs) in Basle. "I am looking forward to my first fight in Switzerland," King Arthur said. "It will be a hard fight against a strong opponent. Elcock last defeated a strong Howard Eastman so there is absolutely no reason to underestimate him." [details]
                Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-25-2007, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
                  lolz I don't believe this ****.. this guy is an undefeated champion in the Middleweight division with a 24-0-0, 19 KO record and has beaten the likes of Kofi Jantuah, Howard Eastman, Edison Miranda, Kingsley Ikeke and Shannon Taylor and this is only the known names because he got a win against an undefeated guy who didn't get to build his name but had a good record. I ask how the **** is a man in his clear prime who beat so many experienced vets, just as many as Pavlik, how can he be considered as a paper champion, I know sometimes people gain a title off of a casualty but how is Abraham just some chump to you guys? he fought good and hard to beat guys and is clearly at the best he's ever really going to be.. step up? he already did that and passed with flying colors, I'm seriously confused yo why the hate? he's already a champion.. 100
                  I do not hate Arthur Abraham, I think he is a great fighter with great fights left in his career. But how could Abraham could be the champ??? The IBF belt that he holds was striped from J. Talyor (who held WBC, WBA, WBO & IBF titles) cause Talyor had a rematch with Hopkins. How could Abraham be the champ if the world recognizes Kelly Pavlik(who beat J.Taylor) as the true middleweight Champ? Arthur Abraham is a contender, not a champion.

Comment

What a joke. Enough with the soft touches for these German middleweight "champions," Sturm and Abraham. The fact the don't fight each other is embarrassing for boxing, especially in that country.

If they're not willing to come here and fight a big name on HBO, the least they could do is fight each other to determine who is worthy of an international telecast on HBO or Showtime. Well, maybe not Showtime, since Gary Shaw doesn't have a stake in it.

Abraham at least fought Miranda, but the Demers and Gevor fights since then aren't exactly making anyone take notice. Sturm gets stopped by Castillejo, a guy that the double-shot Fernando Vargas beat pretty handily for crying out loud. Then he goes and fights Gavin Topp, wins the Castillejo rematch, beats some guy named Noe Tulio Gonzalez (I wish I could make this kind of stuff up), and this past weekend DRAWS with Randy Griffin.

Ugh. Fight each other and then fight Winky or Duddy or SOMEBODY with a pulse please.

Comment

Working...
                    X