No announcement yet.

Hitman Speaks: Ricky Hatton Media Interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitman Speaks: Ricky Hatton Media Interview

OSCAR DE LA HOYA, PRESIDENT, GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS: Thank you very much. Well we're very excited to hear that Ricky Hatton is right on schedule. When we did the press tour, I've never seen him in better shape this early before a fight, so that's obviously an indication that this fight is, to him, everything. And this is an indication of how big this event can be. The fight is sold out. I believe it's the fastest selling fight in history, including my fight with Floyd Mayweather, so that goes to show you the star power that Ricky Hatton brings to the table. We are over 10,000 seats sold on close circuit in Los Vegas alone. Again, that shows you the people that will be coming and traveling from England to support Ricky Hatton. [details]

Floyd isn't taken Ricky lightly. I realized Floyd takes noone lightly after the Bruseles fight. If he trained that hard for a guy like Bruseles what makes you think he won't be focused and training his hardest for Ricky. These two men don't know how to lose, they won't allow the thought of defeat to creep into their minds. Ring smarts, speed, strength, stamina all those will come into play come fight time. At the end of the day though, we will all know who wants this fight more and who has the will of an all time great fighter.

Comment

amazing read
      wayyy2 long thow lol

Comment

Let's put it like this...

Oscar had the next best thing to a sparring partner in Floyd Sr. as a trainer, who, its safe to say, gave Oscar some pointers on beating Floyd jr.

Oscar had the advantage of ring size, glove make and weight, and catch weight (154), among other things.... all in the hopes of pulling off a victory over his opponent.

I'd still like to know what secret strategy Ricky can come up with to emerge victorious on Dec. 8.

Based on this interview, Ricky is doing some serious homework... and I'll be absolutely amazed if he pulls out a convincing win.

Wish him all the best, though.

Comment

what the **** is in ur avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
            what the **** is in ur avatar?
            His real name is Esophagus Deepthroat Longanecker.
            Last edited by MindBat; 10-20-2007, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X