No announcement yet.

No Baby: Juan Diaz Bulls His Way To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Baby: Juan Diaz Bulls His Way To Win

By Sammy Rozenberg - WBO/WBA lightweight champion Juan "Baby Bull" Diaz (33-0, 17 KOs) stopped Julio Diaz (34-4, 25 KOs) after eight rounds of action at the Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates, Ill, and in the process he comes within one title of unifying the lightweight division by capturing Julio's IBF title.

Julio made it personal by knocking Juan's punching power and promised to fight him in an all-action fight. He got exactly what he wanted, and then some.

The two Diazes began to battle at high pace from the sound of the first bell. Juan was charging forward while using his jab to work his way in. The much quicker hand speed of Juan was too much for Julio to deal with. For every two punches Julio would land, Juan would come back with five or six of his own.

Juan's quick combinations and ability to outfight Julio on the inside was the difference in the fight. After six rounds, it began to look like target practice as Juan would land half of everything he threw. By the eight, it was a lost cause for Julio, and he told the referee at the start of the ninth that he was not going to continue. The fight was stopped and Juan declared the winner by TKO. [details]

He earned me 1 grand, I love him so much. He is such an amazing boxer.

Comment

JUAN DIAZ still BAFFLES me...

Am i the only one that feels like he punches hard?

I mean, he clearly isnt punching all that hard or Julio would have been out by rounds 3 or 4.

But you HEARD like ever shot, and JULIOs head was bouncing around like it was on a string or something.

ANd his stamina is unbelievable. U arent supposed to be able to do that kinda stuff...

And another thing is how this guy doesnt have more KO's?

Even if he doesnt hit heard, if he can break the will of Elite fighters, and force them to quit, why couldnt he do that to lesser fighters???

I mean, IMO, its not just the punches landed that are stopping his men, its just the fact that he is constantly throwing and just destroying his mans will to continue.

Anyway, before the fight i said we would find out if Juan wasnt what we though he was, or if he was more. And i definetly think he is more then anybody thought of him.

Nobody in the sport throws 7,8,9,10, or 11 punch combinations like he does. Incredible speed, non stop, turns and gives angles, lands pleny of flush snapping shots.

If Pacquiao decides to fight Juan it would be his first KAYO loss in several years. (i think he was stopped early on in his career. idk though) I'm sure of it

Comment

the dude punches hard enough to make his opponents quit before he kos them... hahaha, go juan!!! He is amazing. He took his time learning how to box and he gave julio and freitas a boxing lesson of their life. I was so happy when I heard julio quit. It brought a tear to my eyes, tears of joy of what an amazing boxer juan truly is to put 1 grand into my pockets. He is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by EliteSoldier View Post
          the dude punches hard enough to make his opponents quit before he kos them... hahaha, go juan!!! He is amazing. He took his time learning how to box and he gave julio and freitas a boxing lesson of their life. I was so happy when I heard julio quit. It brought a tear to my eyes, tears of joy of what an amazing boxer juan truly is to put 1 grand into my pockets. He is awesome
          didnt i advise you to make that bet???

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
            didnt i advise you to make that bet???
            hahaha, did u bet on it too or no? Am i the only person on this forum that bet that juan would stop julio!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
              Am i the only one that feels like he punches hard?

I mean, he clearly isnt punching all that hard or Julio would have been out by rounds 3 or 4.

But you HEARD like ever shot, and JULIOs head was bouncing around like it was on a string or something.

ANd his stamina is unbelievable. U arent supposed to be able to do that kinda stuff...

And another thing is how this guy doesnt have more KO's?

Even if he doesnt hit heard, if he can break the will of Elite fighters, and force them to quit, why couldnt he do that to lesser fighters???

I mean, IMO, its not just the punches landed that are stopping his men, its just the fact that he is constantly throwing and just destroying his mans will to continue.

Anyway, before the fight i said we would find out if Juan wasnt what we though he was, or if he was more. And i definetly think he is more then anybody thought of him.

Nobody in the sport throws 7,8,9,10, or 11 punch combinations like he does. Incredible speed, non stop, turns and gives angles, lands pleny of flush snapping shots.

If Pacquiao decides to fight Juan it would be his first KAYO loss in several years. (i think he was stopped early on in his career. idk though) I'm sure of it
              I too was among those who thought Julio was the bigger puncher, given the records and reputations of the two. But watching the fight, it seemed Juan packed the bigger wallop.

But then as one hears the thunder carried by the Juan's punches and the way Julio's head was jolted by many of them, one wondered why Julio was still erect!

Then... one is reminded by Pavlik's punches: they don't emit too much sound, but they clearly achieve the desired effect.

One cannot help asking: are Juan's punches the converse of Kelly's? Regardless...

Whether or not Juan's shots carry as much power as they sound, one thing is clear: there's just too many of them and too fast.

My head is still full of that scene in the middle of the 7th round when Juan unleashed what must have been close to a dozen consecutive punches on Julio's head. Amazing hand speed. Just amazing. I'm still in awe!

AS for Pacquiao vs. Juan, I continue to believe that Pacquiao should stay at 130 for the whole of 08 before contemplating any move to 135. I also think Juan, who started his career around jr. welterweight and welterweight, is too big for Pacquiao. What was Juan's weight going up the ring? Pacquiao usually goes up at around 144 lbs.
              Last edited by grayfist; 10-14-2007, 01:41 AM.

Comment

There is so much talent and so many scenarios in the lightweight division. But, Diaz will now have to deal with the headaches of making his mandatory defenses. The first one on the horizon appears to be the IBF mandatory, Nate Campbell, promised a crack at the winner of Diaz-Diaz by the sanctioning body.

The Writer of this article needs to keep up. Nate Campbell is stuck in jail on some serious charges. I don't think he will be a problem anymore

Comment

Nate campbell almost lost to a bum in his last fight before tko'd him. Nates a joke and a woman beater.

Comment

I didn't get to see the fight because i am in Iraq, but i am glad to see that Juan won. We normally get all the fights, but for some reason we didn't get it. I am from Houston and is good to see that he is doing H-Town proud. I have been supporting Juan from the beginnig. He has amazing stamina and combinations and breaks guys down. I also love the fact that he walk out to tejano music, representing Texas. I know he gets knocked for not having power but he has to have some power if he keeps stopping guys and making them quit. He also has a very stiff effective jab. I want to see him fight Cassa next since he seems to be recognized as the best lightweight. I think Juan would wear him out. I don't think Cassa would be able to keep up with the pace Juan sets, not to mention that he is vicious to the body. I thought it was kinda ****e up that Ronny Shields decided to be in Holyfields corner instead. What is even more impressive is that he is a full time student at
                    U of H. I just wish that I could have seen the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X