No announcement yet.

Hopkins: "Pavlik's Win Over Taylor is Hype"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins: "Pavlik's Win Over Taylor is Hype"

I recently got to sit down with Light Heavyweight Champion, Bernard Hopkins. He was his usual honest self, talking about The De La Hoya photo scandal, as well as the future of the middleweight division. He was at Comcast Sports Net, helping to promote the “Fighting City” series of matches recently recorded for broadcast, in which he was a guest analyst. He doesn’t always say what you want to hear, but he always says what he believes, and you have to respect that. [details]

Good interview. I was expecting something more negative based on the title. Maybe his opinion is weighted in his own favor, but what he says about everyone else is on target and enlightening.

Comment

Great interview.

Comment

Bernard is still pretty mad about those Taylor decisions. I was hoping to hear about the progress of Hopkins Calzaghe but you can only wish.

Comment

Good interview, but of course Ol' Snaggletooth is going to say whatever it takes to make himself look good. Fact is, Ol' Snaggletooth couldn't knock out that 'hype' over 24 rounds and showed that 'hype' a lot of respect over 2 straight losses.

Comment

co signing
            b-hop you lost fair and square, it's not taylors fault you started dacing when taylor was hurt wtf was that some body please tell me... he is right about winky beating taylor

Comment

Go B-Hop! Great interview...

Very honest opinion on things...

Only one comment though:
              " I watched that fight 8 or 9 times since Saturday. I couldn’t believe they had Taylor ahead."

Interpretation.. I watched the fight 8-9 times already trying to see if I want any piece of Pavlik.
              I think the answer is "No" since Hopkins is not calling him out!

Comment

Originally posted by !! Mr. Soprano View Post
                Go B-Hop! Great interview...

Very honest opinion on things...

Only one comment though:
                " I watched that fight 8 or 9 times since Saturday. I couldn’t believe they had Taylor ahead."

Interpretation.. I watched the fight 8-9 times already trying to see if I want any piece of Pavlik.
                I think the answer is "No" since Hopkins is not calling him out!
                Lol, yeah true. And probabaly a relish in seeing Taylor shutting down into rag doll mode against ropes.

Comment

Hopkins is a boil that needs lancing once and for all along with RJJ and the rest of the OAP's.
                  Hopkins aint going to call out Pavlik because he knows that he will get his head taken off whether he has better boxing skills or not.
                  He knows Pavlik would catch him sooner or later.
                  B-hype its time to hang em up unless you really want to fight someone decent.
                  The most Negative fighter of the last 20 years with Johnny Nelson a close second.

Comment

Great interview, U guys bashing Hopkins for not fighting pavlik is ridiculous!!! Hopkins already made his Legacy at Middleweight. Its the twilight of his carreer. He dosent need to fight a young strong hungry Monster like Pavlik. If he was in his prime, He would Maul Pavlik Just like Trinidad.

Comment

Working...
                    X