No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik Shows Guts and Receives Glory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Pavlik Shows Guts and Receives Glory

By Bill Calogero - Kelly Pavlik gets off the canvas proving to have the guts and then receives the glory with a devastating 7th round TKO victory over Jermain Taylor to make him the Middleweight Champion of the world. The sure to be classic battle was broadcast live on HBO from Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City last night. [details]

I hope Jermaine doesn't take the rematch. Or atleast right away. He needs to work some kinks out an maybe he would have a shot. if they do fight again I just hope he keeps his hands up so he doesn't get KOed like that.

I'm a huge Jermaine hater but even that wasn't cool to watch, becuase I know he's such a nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
      I hope Jermaine doesn't take the rematch. Or atleast right away. He needs to work some kinks out an maybe he would have a shot. if they do fight again I just hope he keeps his hands up so he doesn't get KOed like that.

I'm a huge Jermaine hater but even that wasn't cool to watch, becuase I know he's such a nice guy.
      Yeah I dont see a rematch going differently unless Taylor improves.

Comment

also pavlik will never do the mistake he did on the second round again. after that he rearley dropped the guard :P

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
          Yeah I dont see a rematch going differently unless Taylor improves.
          I was so ****ing surprised he came out like a blizzard. Man I'm no Jermaine fan by any means but I was impressed that he nearly stopped Pavlik. He looked good he kept his hands up early. But after the second the same old Jermaine came out. It's okay to fight with your hands down if you roll punches but Taylor doesn't so he just take the shots full force.

Anyway the main differnce between these two was that Pavlik knows how to put punches together better than Jermaine. See the KO for example the uppercuts were tiimely. Jermaine had him and then all of a sudden started winging punches and going completely off target.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramamaiden View Post
            also pavlik will never do the mistake he did on the second round again. after that he rearley dropped the guard :P
            yea! like after the 2nd round, Taylor landed hardly any flush shots.

Comment

Working...
            X