No announcement yet.

Early Talks For Julio Cesar Chavez-Ronald Hearns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Talks For Julio Cesar Chavez-Ronald Hearns

At the recent Jermain Taylor-Kelly Pavlik event in Atlantic City, promoter Lou DiBella spoke with Bob Arum of Top Rank about matching junior middleweights Ronald Hearns (16-0, 13KOs) and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (33-0-1, 26KOs) in a battle of unbeaten prospects. [details]

Interesting that DiBella is staking Hearn's future this early. Same thing with Arum putting Chavez's prospects on the line. One would have thought that the two promoters would take the usual path of getting their boys belts before putting them together. The names are lures. Even greater lures with straps around their respective waist.

Comment

Originally posted by grayfist View Post
      Interesting that DiBella is staking Hearn's future this early. Same thing with Arum putting Chavez's prospects on the line. One would have thought that the two promoters would take the usual path of getting their boys belts before putting them together. The names are lures. Even greater lures with straps around their respective waist.
      Great points.

I'm not sure this is a fight either of them need right now. It would definitely be interesting to watch as a fan, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint View Post
        Great points.

I'm not sure this is a fight either of them need right now. It would definitely be interesting to watch as a fan, however.
        Thanks. I sure would like to watch the fight too. It's just the timing that has got me knitting my brows....

Comment

one loss to get it out of the way is ok for both fighters, it takes the pressure off, and fuels the fire.

Comment

I don't think either of these guys are that good yet to the point where this fight would generate any sort of hype. I don't see anything good coming out of this fight for either of them.

Comment

Working...
            X