No announcement yet.

Bad arithmetic equals mega bucks for UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad arithmetic equals mega bucks for UFC

By Zach Arnold - Boxing fans have long put up with controversial judging decisions in their sport. Talk to a casual sports fan and some of the first phrases that pop into their heads about boxing are 'screw jobs' and 'scorecards.' [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Zach Arnold - Boxing fans have long put up with controversial judging decisions in their sport. Talk to a casual sports fan and some of the first phrases that pop into their heads about boxing are 'screw jobs' and 'scorecards.' [details]
    what a load of complete tripe.

that was one of the easiest fights to score ever.

Rd 1 Hamill
    Rd 2 Bisping
    Rd 3 Bisping

Hamill had bisping backing up the whole night and yeah he took
    him down twice but thats all he did. bisping outlanded him all night.

Comment

My score was 29-28 Hamill. He dominated the first round, nobody did anything of note in the second but Hamill was at least trying to press the action and the third round was all Bisping. I see Bisping winning the rematch by a brutal beatdown.

Comment

I'm from jolly old england and i was outraged when bisping won, it was a joke there was no way he should have won he ws getting battered for most of the fight by matt hamil.

Comment

Mark Hammil could beat both of them at once.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Mark Hammil could beat both of them at once.

lol..... so could harrison ford....

Comment

i used to actually prefer mma to boxing (used to). and i have to say, this is nothing new. there have been plenty of terrible decisions in mma. it's a very dodgey sport. it's not just dodgey judging either. the whole way that it's set up, where you have a big organization like the UFC (which is seen as the top echelon of the sport), that can drop a fighter who's beaten everyone they've put in front of him, simply because his style is not exciting enough (which makes it more of a spectacle than a sport). the business men and marketing men have way too much power in mma. and the actual competitors have little control at all. all the ufc fights are put together by the ufc 2match maker" who's main prerogative, is to find (or create) a fan favorite, and get him to a tile shot. now i no boxing is also pretty bad in this respect, but in the ufc... it's the same organization that hires the fighters it wants, chooses the fights it wants, hires the judges it wants, and hands out the belts. theres way to much room for corruption there.

Comment

UFC shouldn't allow Cecil Peoples to be used in future events if that's all the "defense" he could work up. Hope he found a place to exchange British currency for American with the "under the table influence" he received...

Comment

Not only should Hamil have won that fight, but when I was watching it, right before they announced the scores, I said to a friend of mine who was there that you could make an argument that he swept every round. The 3rd was a close one, but that was the only one.

I'm not saying that just because Bisping was running away the whole time, I'm saying it because he was getting beat up. I'm honestly suprised that anyone saw it any differently, that should've been an easy fight to judge.

Comment

Working...
                  X