No announcement yet.

Alexander Povetkin-Chris Byrd Set For Oct. 27

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander Povetkin-Chris Byrd Set For Oct. 27

Let the Games begin! Alexander Povetkin and Chris Byrd will kick off the IBF elimination tournament on October 27 when they come face-to-face in Erfurt, Germany. The winner will move on to fight either Calvin Brock or Eddie Chambers for the right to challenge IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko. The IBF has launched a four-way battle to determine the Ukrainian's next mandatory challenger, and Povetkin is convinced it will be him who will succeed. "I am just two wins shy of my dream to fight for the world title," the 2004 Olympic gold medal winner said. "I have been working hard in practice and will defeat Byrd no matter what. I will not allow him or anyone else to stand in my way." [details]

I suppose there's no American TV coverage?

Comment

chris byrd is still fighting?
      povetkin by ko imo.

Comment

byrd's already done what he could in the division. His time is over.

Comment

If Byrd wins the four-man elimination tourney, he's gonna turn dow the title shot anyway. He know's Wlad's a bad matchup for him

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember him saying something to the tune of 'Wlad's got my number and I could never figure him out' right after losing to him for the second time...

Klitschko is literally a danger to that man's health and well being; he'd be ****** to risk it again...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember him saying something to the tune of 'Wlad's got my number and I could never figure him out' right after losing to him for the second time...

Klitschko is literally a danger to that man's health and well being; he'd be ****** to risk it again...
              Exactly, but he's a competitor, and he's going to do his best against Povetkin, and if he can pull it off, he'll fight the winner of Brock-Chambers

Comment

Byrd is going to get stopped in impressive fashion Povy, too bad nobody will see this except people who know where to download the Rüss ian broadcast or stream.
                Last edited by The Troll; 09-11-2007, 06:49 PM.

Comment

By the looks of it, Wlad will be fighting Brock next year. Pathetic...

If Povetkin actually wins this tourney, I'll be impressed.

Comment

actually chambers will so be prepared to be unimpressed

Comment

Working...
                    X