No announcement yet.

Musings on Upcoming Heavyweight Fights and Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musings on Upcoming Heavyweight Fights and Ratings

Vitali Klitschko is scheduled to return to the ring on September 22nd against Jameel McCline. This is the battle comprised of unknown factors. [details]

Pretty good article, and I don't disagree with a word of it.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
      Pretty good article, and I don't disagree with a word of it.
      god im praying so hard that Vitali Klitschko loses. Or at least wins in miserable fashion and shows hes old and washed up.

Vitali winning could SERIOUSLY **** up the Heavyweight division. If he comes back, and manages to fight and beat Peter... then there wont be another unified champ for 2 years at the least, a decade at the most!!!! cause those belts could get scattered everywhere again if they vacate them to retire!

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
        god im praying so hard that Vitali Klitschko loses. Or at least wins in miserable fashion and shows hes old and washed up.

Vitali winning could SERIOUSLY **** up the Heavyweight division. If he comes back, and manages to fight and beat Peter... then there wont be another unified champ for 2 years at the least, a decade at the most!!!! cause those belts could get scattered everywhere again if they vacate them to retire!
        I see your point, but I don't want him to lose to McCline.

Vitali beating Peter would **** things up, sure. There's also on my end some annoyance that some posters still talk as if Vitali was the better brother. Those are the damn Lennox Lewis fans who can't come to terms with the fact that's Wlad's less talented brother beat the **** out of their boy, and that there is in fact a real champ today. For that reason part of me wants Vitali to lose

Comment

Vitali beating Peter would **** things up, sure. There's also on my end some annoyance that some posters still talk as if Vitali was the better brother. Those are the damn Lennox Lewis fans who can't come to terms with the fact that's Wlad's less talented brother beat the **** out of their boy, and that there is in fact a real champ today. For that reason part of me wants Vitali to lose
          I would have to disagree, . True, Wlad does have more potential and talent then Vitali. But Vitali has a stronger punch then anyone Wlad has ever faced. Vitali has an iron chin. I think both brothers are good at different aspects of the sport so you can't really say which one is better.

Comment

Wlad's achievements outweigh his brother's no doubt, but Vitali WAS the better fighter, only injury stopped him from being THE dominant HW from 2004 to the present day. I hope for a Peter/Klitschko re-match ASAP, maybe after that fight, the calls of "...Wlad's a modern great" will be quelled, one can hope, eh?

Comment

Vitali will win the WBC title by mopping the ring with Peter and then will retire for good. Then the WBC title is for the grabbing and Wladimir can jump in. His return will not delay anything, there are plenty of other titles out there that Wlad can unify.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2005 View Post
                Vitali will win the WBC title by mopping the ring with Peter and then will retire for good. Then the WBC title is for the grabbing and Wladimir can jump in. His return will not delay anything, there are plenty of other titles out there that Wlad can unify.
                Wlad beating Chagaev will mean he beat the two best of his generation not related to him, he needs to go after that

Comment

Vitali is definetly better then his brother. I don't think he's ever been knocked down, alot stronger then wlad and for those reasons there's no way Peter would beat him. Chagaev I would give a good chance against both brothers, more Wlad then Vitali since he has the weak chin.

Comment

Working...
                  X