No announcement yet.

SamPeter Training Hard For Maskaev Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SamPeter Training Hard For Maskaev Bout

Mandatory #1 Heavyweight challenger Samuel “The Nigerian Nightmare” Peter has jumped through so many of boxing’s circus hoops and waited so long to pounce on a heavyweight champion that he is already preparing diligently for the hunt of his dreams. Finally scheduled to challenge WBC King Oleg Maskaev on October 6 at Madison Square Garden, Peter began training a full eight weeks in advance of his big day. [details]

Even if he actually does show up in good shape, I can still never respect a man that constantly hits behind the head and has a temper in the ring.

Comment

Full 8 weeks? Wow, as if it's something special, most(pro) fighters start preparing at about 2 months before the fight.

In other words, he is likely to come in less then stellar shape.

Comment

Does anyone know who is training Sam Peter for this fight?

Comment

I hope Sam Peter knock his ass out. Maskeav has been running for almost 2 years. Peter finally gets his shot at the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Mishra100 View Post
            Even if he actually does show up in good shape, I can still never respect a man that constantly hits behind the head and has a temper in the ring.
            You don't have to respect him, you're not the one who has to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by !!Flash View Post
              Full 8 weeks? Wow, as if it's something special, most(pro) fighters start preparing at about 2 months before the fight.

In other words, he is likely to come in less then stellar shape.
              who cares? he is always out of shape. sam peter looks like he swallowed riddick bowe. he still gonna knock maskaev down 3 times before the ref stops it.

Comment

Originally posted by CottoOverrated1 View Post
                who cares? he is always out of shape. sam peter looks like he swallowed riddick bowe. he still gonna knock maskaev down 3 times before the ref stops it.
                yea he carries his weight pretty damn well but his stamina is really bad as in the Klitschko fight. If he'd come in 15-20 pounds less maybe he'd be more then a power puncher with a good chin

Comment

If Peter comes in around 250 or so, we might have some kind of a fight on our hands. If he comes in around 235-240, it'll be over pretty quick.
                  With him being inactive for so long, he'll probably come in around 260 and will be tired by second round.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2005 View Post
                    If Peter comes in around 250 or so, we might have some kind of a fight on our hands. If he comes in around 235-240, it'll be over pretty quick.
                    With him being inactive for so long, he'll probably come in around 260 and will be tired by second round.
                    No way Oleg beats him, 260 or 230 Peter is going to win. More skilled more powerful bad stamina but he'll make it work for him. I'm waiting to see what he does beyond this fight, I dont know if Peter can get past Vitali but i haven't seen vitali fight in years so I don't know. Definetly will get past McCall or maybe a possible unification?

Comment

Working...
                    X