No announcement yet.

Shaun George Challenges Glen Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun George Challenges Glen Johnson

Recently, a press release was issued in which Glen Johnson called out the likes of Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Hopkins, Chad Dawson and Clinton Woods. Johnson claimed to be feared and ducked by the division's best. In that piece, Johnson failed to mention one fighter, a boxer whose name he avoids repeating as if it invoked The Candyman: Shaun George. [details]

glenn johnson will kill him

Comment

shawn george has no right nor the resume to call out anyone! Why would johnson a man who beat the best accept a challenge from a scrub? He has fought no one but cans and the only 2 decent fighters he fought beat him. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
        shawn george has no right nor the resume to call out anyone! Why would johnson a man who beat the best accept a challenge from a scrub? He has fought no one but cans and the only 2 decent fighters he fought beat him. LOL
        Have you ever seen George Fight?

Just wondering....

He can compete with these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
          Shaun George is younger and quicker and I feel he has the style to beat Hall. Every fight recently involving Glen Johnson, whenever someone boxed him, he had no idea how to approach it. Glen Johnson calling out all of these guys indicates to me that he wants to get a big payday, nothing more.

Comment

I saw George against Hall and he's got skill but as of now he's going to get stomped on by Johnson. The George I saw against Richard Hall liked to take a lot of breaks during rounds and I also question his physical strength. He shouldn't be calling Johnson out.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
              I saw George against Hall and he's got skill but as of now he's going to get stomped on by Johnson. The George I saw against Richard Hall liked to take a lot of breaks during rounds and I also question his physical strength. He shouldn't be calling Johnson out.
              Richard Hall has a lot more experience than George. I liked the fight but George's stamina wasn't up there yet. He's a strong guy, he spars with Faruq Saleem, a 250 pound undefeated heavyweight, as his main guy. He's quick and can hit hard, but he just needs to get his wind back up.

Comment

George def. has a mouth on him. It's obvious Johnson has a payday on his mind, seriously who the hell challenges someone they already knocked out for any other reason?

Comment

Originally posted by skilspaydabills View Post
                  George def. has a mouth on him. It's obvious Johnson has a payday on his mind, seriously who the hell challenges someone they already knocked out for any other reason?
                  I think he just got hip to the game. I know Shaun well, he's a quiet, laid back guy. He realized though that in order to get fights, he'd need to make some noise with his mouth. After taking a fight in Russia with Gurov, one that more than a few told me George got the shaft in, he saidthat he'd have to play the game more in order to get the fights he wants.

Just by styles, I'd pick George over Johnson. Johnson can't deal with any kind of boxer, particularly a young one. He's just hanging in there waiting for a big payday. I've never seen Chris Henry so I couldn't really tell.

Comment

Originally posted by McLovin View Post
                    Richard Hall has a lot more experience than George. I liked the fight but George's stamina wasn't up there yet. He's a strong guy, he spars with Faruq Saleem, a 250 pound undefeated heavyweight, as his main guy. He's quick and can hit hard, but he just needs to get his wind back up.

Listen, all I am saying is that his strenght didn't seem all there and that spells a lot of trouble against a strong, busy, rough-minded fighter. Derrick Gainer used to spar dozens of rounds with Roy Jones in his prime. He's still super fragile both physically and mentally. I don't know anything yet about George's mental status.

Comment

Working...
                    X