No announcement yet.

Bobby Gunn Stops Fernandez in Virginia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Gunn Stops Fernandez in Virginia

World ranked Cruiserweight Bobby Gunn 18-3 (15 KO’s) earned his second straight knockout victory by taking out veteran Benito Fernandez 19-15 (6 KO’s) in the second round of their scheduled ten round contest. Gunn put Fernandez down for the count with a straight right hand in the main event of Saturday’s card which was held at Robert E. Lee High School in Springfield, Virginia. Gunn, who initially weighed in 183 lbs was once again forced to put on weight due to disapproval by the commission as Benito Fernandez stepped on the scale at 203 lbs. Gunn went to a local buffet then came back onto the scale with jeans, boots, a walkman, and change in his pocket which enabled him to weigh in at an unnatural 201 lbs. [details]

I cant believe that this joker claims that his fight against Enzo Maccarinelli was stopped prematurely. I was there and he got flat-out abused, he was bloodied and stumbling in his own corner. He was offering nothing back and was out on his feet, it would have been inhumane to let it continue.

Comment

Originally posted by mattchudley View Post
      I cant believe that this joker claims that his fight against Enzo Maccarinelli was stopped prematurely. I was there and he got flat-out abused, he was bloodied and stumbling in his own corner. He was offering nothing back and was out on his feet, it would have been inhumane to let it continue.

ah but remember in the build up to that fight gunn was going on about his unlicenced boxing career and how fights didn't get stopped until you were practically dead.

so if the ref implemented those rules, the fight may have made it into the second round....just.

Comment

Damnit I live 10 minutes from Lee HS if I knew there was a boxing match there I would have went.

Comment

Working...
        X