No announcement yet.

Quartey Looks For New Life as Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartey Looks For New Life as Welterweight

Accra, Ghana —Ghanaian Boxing superstar Ike “Bazooka” Quartey (37-4-1, 31 KO’s) is ready to start fighting again and is prepared to take on all comers. While he is busy preparing for the opening of his new hospital in Accra, he has already begun intense training back at home in preparation for his next battle. [details]

I would love to see this. Ike is tough...even more so for the welts. He needs some wins.

Seems like hes doing good things w/the hospital and ****. But ya never know. I heard Ike is a real prick gang-banger type over there.

Comment

Somebody put Ike's face on the back of a Milk Carton because he's going to come up missing if he looks to bang it out with some of the top welterweights.......

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Somebody put Ike's face on the back of a Milk Carton because he's going to come up missing if he looks to bang it out with some of the top welterweights.......
        umm, yea my thoughts exactly.

Comment

Wow,what a great era of welterweights,the division is amazing

Mayweather
          Cotto
          Mosley
          Judah
          Williams
          Margarito
          Baldomir
          Cintron
          Clottey
          Berto
          Collazo
          Even DLH is moving down

Even Hatton and Malignaggi can move up

Comment

Originally posted by bishop2006 View Post
            Wow,what a great era of welterweights,the division is amazing

Mayweather
            Cotto
            Mosley
            Judah
            Williams
            Margarito
            Baldomir
            Cintron
            Clottey
            Berto
            Collazo
            Even DLH is moving down

Even Hatton and Malignaggi can move up
            Even if DLH and Quartey only fight one or two more and if Mosley is only around for another year or 2...that is still a very impressive list

Comment

A fight with Clottey in Ghana makes sense.

Comment

speedkillz & the bringer are crazy. Have you guys ever seen Ike fight at WW? There is no one stronger then him. If you guys think Margarito & Clottey are strong then you havent seen nothing. Dude is like an ox. I dont think he can get back to that weight though but he is African and they seem to be able to get more in shape then others

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                  A fight with Clottey in Ghana makes sense.
                  That would be a nice matchup. With Quartey in the division it only adds to the depth. I don't know if he will be able to beat the tops in the division, but he would challenge some.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    speedkillz & the bringer are crazy. Have you guys ever seen Ike fight at WW? There is no one stronger then him. If you guys think Margarito & Clottey are strong then you havent seen nothing. Dude is like an ox. I dont think he can get back to that weight though but he is African and they seem to be able to get more in shape then others
                    that was in his prime tho.. idk about now.

Comment

Working...
                    X