No announcement yet.

Maskaev Refuses To Sign Contract For Peter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maskaev Refuses To Sign Contract For Peter

“Due to the fact that the WBC heavyweight champion of the world, Oleg Maskaev of Russia, has refused, through his representative, to sign the contract to fight mandatory challenger Samuel Peter of Nigeria, the President of the African Boxing Union, Houcine Houichi, has sent a recommendation for the WBC to not only continue in court on the case presented by the champion’s representative, but to also unfreeze the heavweight championship by immediately ordering an interim heavyweight world championship between Samuel Peter and the highest rated available contender in the WBC ratings, according to the WBC rules and regulations, while the court case by Maskaev’s representative is resolved.”
    [details]

What for? Is he trying to get the Vitali Klitschko fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      “Due to the fact that the WBC heavyweight champion of the world, Oleg Maskaev of Russia, has refused, through his representative, to sign the contract to fight mandatory challenger Samuel Peter of Nigeria, the President of the African Boxing Union, Houcine Houichi, has sent a recommendation for the WBC to not only continue in court on the case presented by the champion’s representative, but to also unfreeze the heavweight championship by immediately ordering an interim heavyweight world championship between Samuel Peter and the highest rated available contender in the WBC ratings, according to the WBC rules and regulations, while the court case by Maskaev’s representative is resolved.”
      [details]
      Is this Maskaev's way of preventing a 6th KO loss? If he refuses to fight him, he can't get KTFO.

Comment

well it betterto get KOed for a higher payday then what Peter offering

Comment

What a big ****in joke this has become; I'm at the point where I would just laugh if this fight didn't come off...

Comment

I guess he is scared..

Comment

That sucks!

I'm giving Maskaev the most chance against Peter than anyone else on this forum.

Lets have Emeritus fight the #1 for the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Mr. Soprano View Post
                That sucks!

I'm giving Maskaev the most chance against Peter than anyone else on this forum.

Lets have Emeritus fight the #1 for the belt.
                Brilliant post Soprano; I didn't think you had it in you...

Comment

Ite seems he wants to cash out against Vitaly instead of getting KTFO by Peter for a smaller payday.

Comment

maskaev is officially ducking peter.

****in *****.

Comment

Working...
                    X