No announcement yet.

Klitschko vs. Brewster - The Final Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klitschko vs. Brewster - The Final Analysis

By Charles Jay - People have a tendency to overreact to fighters, especially in the heavyweight division, often on the basis of fights that shouldn't be a reliable barometer. You've heard about "great white hopes" or lately "great American hopes." Well, let's just say people are extremely "hopeful." A couple of years ago, the subject of a lot of this hope was Lamon Brewster, a fighter who had lost to fighters like Charles Shufford and Cliff Etienne but then pulled a rabbit out of a hat to knock out Wladimir Klitschko for the WBO heavyweight title in April 2004. [details]

Wow, they have Brewster as a heavy betting favorite. Wladdy you better watch your water bottle and food for this fight! This really worries me that some shady **** is gonna happen today...

Comment

I don't think they do have Brewster as favorite.
      The article said that they have given Brewster a 16.7% chance of victory. The point is that in 2 way contests, odds are percentages generally as there's more chance of upset than a 16 horse field or somesuch. Brewster winning will make you more money because he's the underdog.

Comment

No, Brewster isn't the favorite, and the odds are fairly close to what they should be. That Jay guy doesn't know what he's talking about, though. If anything, Brewster has less of a chance than the odds that are being given.

I put $500 yesterday for Klitchko to win by KO in the 3rd round. I hate to put that much cash on somethiing with such a low probability technically speaking, but hey... I got 10/1 odds, and it's hard to turn that down, especially when I've been preaching an early KO since the rematch was made.

Looking forward to that payoff. I figure with the date today being 7/7/07, what can go wrong, right?

Comment

I agree. If this dude is betting on Lamon, he's throwing his money in the trash. The gave better odds to Brock and Lamon has beaten Klitschko before.

Comment

Originally posted by damian5000 View Post
            I agree. If this dude is betting on Lamon, he's throwing his money in the trash. The gave better odds to Brock and Lamon has beaten Klitschko before.
            you took a pic of your girl???? if so , i'm telling her !!!

Comment

monney

whats the earnings for this bout ? thanks in advance

Comment

ive put 800 e-dollers on brewster to win, im backin this guy to stop wlad 100%, theres something about having a previous victory over your foe.

Comment

Wlad will destroy Brewster tonight. Too bad I cant watch it

Comment

Originally posted by English_Lion View Post
                    ive put 800 e-dollers on brewster to win, im backin this guy to stop wlad 100%, theres something about having a previous victory over your foe.
                    Want to make a 10,000 points bet with me? Or whatever amount you want, I see you have 2000 points...I'll bet on Wlad!

Comment

Working...
                    X