No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: "Nobody Will Stop Jones-Trinidad"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones: "Nobody Will Stop Jones-Trinidad"

New York, NY – Boxing legend Roy Jones Jr. has an important fight coming up on pay-per-view TV July 14 from Biloxi, MS., against undefeated opponent Anthony Hanshaw. Jones has made it plain that if he loses to the 21-0-1 Hanshaw, he might take his gloves and head off into retirement. But Jones said that “what if” won’t happen, that he will beat Hanshaw and that he’ll then be more than happy to fight the un-retiring Felix “Tito” Trinidad. [details]

One of the more insignificant fights in recent memory at this stage...

the only time it seemd to have made sense was when Tito was making a 147, 154, 160 tear (before he ran into Hopkins)...it just seemed his power as he moved up wouldn't leave him...even THEN when Tito was on a hot streak, it seemed a little far fetched...

it may be LESS far fetched seeing what's happened to Jones over the years...but to me, it just doesn't make sense...Tito vs a MW or Junior MW makes more sense to me

Comment

jones-trinidad= joke and money swindling......................

Comment

I bet you two will be buying it...More so if Jones beats Hanshaw impressively.

Yes this fight would have been better a few years ago, but I'm just happy that I will be able to see it and it won't be just a "fantasy/what if" fight anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
          I bet you two will be buying it...More so if Jones beats Hanshaw impressively.

Yes this fight would have been better a few years ago, but I'm just happy that I will be able to see it and it won't be just a "fantasy/what if" fight anymore...
          not on your life buddy. the only way i'd watch that fight if it was free and i was forced, i got better things to do with my time and money.

the only way and i mean the only way i would get the fight is if the undercard was loaded to the hilt. and i mean loaded, it would have to have the best match ups you could possible think of, and at least 10 televised fights too. like god verses satan or something to that nature, other than that, hell no. hitler verses gahndi or something impossible.................

Comment

id buy that.

Comment

id buy it definetely

Comment

i dont know yet, tito should have a tune-up bout to see what he has left

Comment

Relax people, it's a dream fight enjoy it.

Not every fight has to be for a championship.

Comment

id rather see trinidad taylor or jones johnson rematch

Comment

Working...
                    X